Senior - Strategic Accounting Solutions - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
. About Complex Accounting Assurance
With accounting standards getting ever so complicated while innovative business models continue to emerge due to technological advancement, businesses, lawyers and sponsors now more than ever seek assistance from us in helping them to navigate the accounting landscape.
From advising on accounting policy options to optimize financial position, implementing new accounting standards to evaluating the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements, we support our clients on highly complex transactions and deals so that they can focus their energy on growing their businesses. Work you'll do:
• Help clients to research accounting literature and conduct technical analysis to evaluate the impact of different accounting policy options available in an emerging business model or complex transaction and identify practical solutions that could help optimizing their financial positions/ performances while staying compliant to applicable financial reporting framework and regulations;
• Work with clients as well as members of different functions/ service lines to support on the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, 15, 16 or 17), including but not limited to: gather and analyse underlying transactional data, analyse the financial impact of the new standard, identify potential changes needed to existing policies and processes, assisting on the redesign and testing of the existing reporting system;
• Support forensic specialists and lawyers in investigating fraudulent accounting scheme, quantifying the potential impact of misstatements;
• Assist partners/ managers to work hand in hand with lawyers, sponsors, investors and auditors to assess the accounting feasibility of intricate business arrangements in a deal (e.g. restructuring, business model, etc.) and their impacts on financial performance;
• Assist clients to manage the accounting compliance obligations in various jurisdictions as well as handle regulatory challenges;
• Research and prepare materials for accounting trainings/ workshops to clients, such as finance teams, board of directors, audit committee, lawyers, sponsors, research analysts, etc.;
• Produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others across phases of the project lifecycle to deliver a superior client experience;
• Manage own work in an ethical manner with a continuous attention to quality and risk rules, and confidentiality;
• Assist on the preparation of proposal and drafting of the report; and
• Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and financial reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients. You are also expected to:
• Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
• Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
• Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
• Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
• Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities Requirements:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree of any disciplines;
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience;
- At least three years' experience in delivering professional services as an auditor of financial statements or a consultant in the area of accounting/ finance;
- Strong understanding of HKFRS/ IFRS, PRC GAAP and/or US GAAP and preferably to have knowledge and experiences in the application of new accounting standards (i.e. IFRS 9, 15, 16 and/or 17);
- Able to relate accounting standards and financial reporting regulations to business processes as well as to generate business benefits and optimize financial position/ performance for clients on top of staying compliant;
- Be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines, such as lawyers, sponsors, investors, etc., as well as across cultures and seniority;
- Strong project management skills;
- Be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients;
- Be an excellent communicator and have fluency in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Willing to travel.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168415