Senior - Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance - Audit & Assurance - Hong Kong
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
About Finance, Controls & Capital Events Assurance
Finance today often struggles to meet competing priorities. Not only does management demand Finance to provide quicker and better analytical insights to support decision-making, but new accounting standards, rapid changes to business model and M&A activities also place significant pressure on Finance to adapt fast.
Now more than ever, business and finance executives seek assistance from us to improve the productivity and performance of their finance operations and transform their finance functions into trusted business advisors.
To enable our clients in establishing world-class finance functions, we adopt a cross-disciplinary approach to provide insight on how to better design finance organizations, processes, data and systems with leading practices and digital technology, as well as facilitate our clients in managing capital market transactions, such as getting ready for IPO, carving out business units for spin-off, integrating finance functions after a merger, etc. Work you'll do:
• Perform in-depth assessment, both quantitative and qualitative, on clients' finance strategy and operating model to identify delivery/ expectation gaps so as to help clients in redefining the roles and values of their finance functions;
• Conduct process walkthrough, prepare discovery and solution workshops and drafting up the finance improvement plan and roadmap to help clients to strategize and improve their finance operations, including but not limited to the design of finance organizations, processes, data and systems;
• Assist clients to draft policy manual, redesign processes, develop budget model, rationalize management reports, conduct training and other activities to help clients to implement the improvement actions
• Assist clients to assess the IPO readiness of their accounting, finance function and internal controls against relevant listing rules and provide practical improvement recommendations;
• Assist clients to prepare, analyze and account for significant merger, acquisition and divesture transactions, including but not limited carving out business units for spin-off, integrating finance functions after a merger, etc.;
• Produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others across phases of the project lifecycle to deliver a superior client experience;
• Manage own work in an ethical manner with a continuous attention to quality and risk rules, and confidentiality;
• Assist on the preparation of proposal and drafting of the report; and
• Stay abreast of industry trends, new regulations and financial reporting requirements that may have an impact on our clients. You are also expected to:
• Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
• Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
• Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
• Build relationships and communicate effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
• Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities Requirements:
- Bachelor's / Master's degree of any disciplines, but a degree in Finance, Accounting or related subjects is preferred;
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. HKICPA, CICPA, AICPA, CIMA, etc.) is preferred, but would also consider candidate with strong client delivery experience;
- At least three years' experience in delivering professional services as an auditor of financial statements or a consultant delivering finance transformation programs, financial operations improvement, and/or financial software implementations;
- Experience with an audit/ advisory/ consulting practice of a Big 4 accounting firm or a Big 3 consultancy is preferred;
- Preferably with experiences in IPO and/or significant merger, acquisition or divestiture transactions;
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client services excellence;
- Knowledge of industry trends, development and availability of new technologies and tools in finance;
- Be a team player and be able to work well with individuals from across disciplines as well as across cultures and seniority;
- Strong leadership and project management skills;
- Be passionate about delivering the best solution to our clients;
- Be an excellent communicator and have fluency in in both English and Mandarin Chinese, including both technical and business writing, documentation and presentation skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and
- Willing to travel.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168611