(Senior/Associate) Financial Analyst | Japanese Speaker
- Depends on Experience
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
My client is a leading Insurance Rating's agency, who are looking for sharp, bright individuals to join as a Financial Analyst. There are a few openings to focus on the Japanese and Korean Markets, so fresh graduates with relevant degrees/internships are welcome. More senior candidates will also be considered for a Senior Financial Analyst / Financial Analyst position if they have the relevant experience and insurance experience. This is a great opportunity for individuals to develop their Financial Analysis careers in a well respected international organisation.
- Conduct thorough, objective and efficient industry and company research in respect of financial and non-financial information, including audited financial statements, public accounts and other relevant management information.
- Perform accurate and timely credit rating and peer analysis.
- Produce timely, high quality credit reports to support the assigned ratings, documenting analysis and recommendations to be reviewed and updated by the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst.
- Present analysis at rating committee.
- Conduct on-going monitoring and surveillance of assigned portfolios, including rating changes, market/industry/regulatory developments, news events etc. under the support and guidance of the analytical team leader or senior financial analyst.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry, market and professional developments through continued professional development and learning, including, for example, undertaking research, attending seminars, market briefings and presentations etc.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with clients in respect of information requests and rating decisions, actively participate in discussions at management and other meetings.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of ratings documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Be knowledgeable in and follow the policies, procedures and rating criteria used in rating and project work related to your functional area and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to initiatives to help improve the business process.
Required Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor degree minimum entry requirement (ideally in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting or Actuarial Science).
- Minimum four to five years’ experience within the insurance, banking or finance sector for Financial Analyst
- Strong financial analysis skills gained, for example from working within accounting, financial planning & analysis, underwriting, capital management, risk management or actuarial department
- Solid understanding of financial markets; economic / industry trends, financial ratios and financial statement analysis
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Fluency in Japanese and/or Korean language is preferred
- Knowledge of Japanese and/or Korean economies and culture is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills; superior time management skills; the ability to absorb ideas and facts quickly while maintaining a strict eye for detail
- MS office proficiency