Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description Job Description
The Security Director Asia is a member of the Global Compliance Office and reports to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) with matrix reporting to the Senior Director, Global Investigative & Forensic Services, Asia. The director's duties include but are not limited to, behavioral threat management, facility threat risk assessments, security intelligence, employee and executive protection, travel security, event and venue security and the conduct of investigations within the region. Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively identifies risks to mitigate fraud and physical security losses by escalating to the appropriate authority, engaging key partners and facilitating the resolution and closure of these matters.
- Conducts physical security threat, risk and vulnerability assessments of persons, assets, premises, business interests, locations and events.
- Ensures compliance with applicable internal and regulatory requirements to include any related necessary physical security controls for protecting access to facilities housing sensitive equipment and information.
- Working with a team to support a 24/7 global security operation and may be called upon to support and to respond to emergency situations and/or as required by circumstances, outside of normal office hours.
- Responds to loss events that fall under the global investigative services & forensic services and corporate security mandates.
- Supports compliance, privacy, anti-Money laundering and fraud matters as directed
- Will be required to travel internationally with an emphasis on Asia-Pacific
- Works with police, government agencies at all levels and industry partners in collaboration with Manulife's Investigative Services team. May be called to attend court on behalf of Manulife.
- Conducts, facilitates, and leads investigations as directed.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to continue on your career journey with Manulife/John Hancock.
- Strong knowledge of security matters encompassing physical security, technology and systems, regulatory compliance, threat & risk assessment, crisis management, emergency response, and investigations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and diplomacy in dealing with company personnel, at every level of company
- Familiar with local criminal law and the handling of evidence.
- Experience in conducting investigative interviews.
- 1 0 to 15 years of related experience
- Higher education in a related field preferred
- The ASIS International Certified Protection Professional (CPP) designation preferred
- The ACFE Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation preferred
Hong Kong If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.