Securities Services Site Reliability Engineer
Securities Services Technology within Corporate Investment Banking Technology is looking to hire a highly motivated, experienced and hands-on tech developer to join the Agency Securities Finance Team in Hong Kong as a Site Reliability Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for application design and development of core trading application- AVATAR.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation
- Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Command of architecture, design and business processes.
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and working collaboratively with teams to achieve common goals
- Hands on experience on managing operations of large-scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services.
- Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business.
- Work with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs.
- Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt.
- Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability
- Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
- Engineer reliability focused solutions to the production issues resulting in platform stability
- Manage incident and problems to come up with effective follow-up's with long term value
- Implement SRE frameworks to support global multi-cloud environments, and ensure the highest level of SLA through operational excellence
- Helps build live/ real-time and highly performing dashboards
- Provides support to drive the maturity of the software development lifecycle
- Provides quality control of engineering deliverables
- Provides technical consultation to product management
- Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to enterprise scale web platforms in cloud environment
- Provides support to develop & improve the quality of technical engineering documentation
- Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms
- Writes operation documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent technical field
- Minimum of six (6) years of application development experience in one of the following languages: Python, Java and/or SQL
- Experience with Java 8 and Caching Technologies Experience in design and architecture of software applications.
- Cloud based technologies
- In depth knowledge of OO design principles
- Excellent understanding of Spring/JDBC/JMS
- Experience of working on highly scalable & available systems
- Database experience in Oracle
- Testing frameworks (junit/mockito/jbehave/concordion)
- Performance and monitoring tools
- Continuous Integration & Delivery tools
- Messaging (JMS/MQ)
- Agile build tools (maven, CI, TDD, etc)