Securities Lending Operations Director (AVP)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
See job description for details
Director role of the Secured Funding and Repo functions which form part of the Financing Operations team in Hong Kong. Financing Operations in Hong Kong is an 11 person group supporting both the Securities Lending and Secured Funding businesses. Financing Operations is a global team supporting the long and short financing activity of the firm with 170 global employees of which 40 are supplied by a vendor.
The role has direct support responsibilities covering the below:
· The sourcing, allocating and optimizing of Firm inventory for both Equity and Fixed Income
· The management and optimization of Firm assets across both tri-party and client side business
As well as supporting the Bank Resource Management (BRM) business in the Asia Pacific region, the role requires the building of relationships internally across the global Financing Operations team and externally with, for example, Tri-party providers and key regional counterparties.
Duties will include, but not limited to:-
· Supporting the Triparty and Bilateral Repo business across multiple Asian markets
· Supervisory responsibility of all the BAU processes covered by the Secured Funding Team
· People management responsibility of staff within the Secured Funding team including coaching & development, allocation of resources appropriately
· Assisting with daily BAU processing is required
· Internal/external client relationship management
· Risk management focusing on daily exposures, fails management, accurate books and records
· Break investigation and resolution
· Adhoc project work
· Investigate opportunities for streamlining existing processes, challenging the status quo and deliver better controls for daily Financing Operations processes
• Attention to detail
• Can work well under pressure, lending control and order to a difficult or pressurised situation
• Can deal easily with multiple issues and tasks
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Ability to recognise risk issues and implications with appropriate escalations.
• Approaches all situations with positive outlook, energy and enthusiasm. Is a self-starter who takes individual ownership for work quality and improvement
• Shows initiative and creativity, taking a long-term approach to improvement and resolution of issues.
• Is self-confident, demonstrates integrity and business-appropriate behavior.
• People management experience preferred
• Proficiency in Excel