Securities, Equities, SPG Trading, Associate/Vice President, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a passion for markets and trading who is looking to challenge themselves in a multifaceted market facing trading role. The successful candidate will be empowered from day 1 to help drive profitability for the business through trading pan-Asian equities, swaps, forwards and FX with a strong emphasis in finding opportunities in market inefficiencies and delivering solutions for our clients. OUR IMPACT
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
At its core, Synthetic Products Group (SPG) helps provided solutions for our clients, manages firm risk whilst maximizing profitability for a given set of resources. We build strong relationships with our institutional clients - we help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. We also manage our inventory and positions on the funding spread, rates and dividend curves to maximize returns. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure environments whilst making real time decisions to help drive profitability for the business.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Responsibility for risk management across country index books with a particular focus on index swaps, futures and ETFs
- Responsibility to trade funding spread volatility to maintain optimal levels of inventory for the synthetics desk
- Responsibility to monitor opportunities in the rates, funding spread and dividend space to maximize returns and provide competitive pricing to clients
- Work with Strats, Tech and Federation teams on enhancing the infrastructure and processes that support pricing, execution, trade flow, risk management and book optimization
- Develop an understanding of local market regulation and the legal underpinnings of the derivatives that we trade
- Experience in trading equity synthetics preferred
- Strong analytical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to work effectively with people and strong attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize and dissect large amounts of information in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Quantitative background and technical skill set
- Background in market making/structuring/risk managing/modeling derivative instruments
- Understanding of funding and interest rates extremely helpful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.