Sanction Compliance Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- ALS International
- 20 May 19
Our client is a multi – national information and communications technology company looking to hire a Sanction Compliance Manager.
The successful candidate will report to and be responsible for International Trade Compliance in the development, maintenance, and implementation of import / export controls and economic sanctions policies and procedures across the Group. The incumbent will work across functional teams within the relevant business units to ensure that import / export compliance is maintained while ensuring that overall organization objectives are supported.
- Assist the Team Head in the development, maintenance, and implementation of the Group’s import / export controls and economic sanctions policies and procedures Review import / export transactions to ensure compliance with and licensing and reporting requirements under import / export control laws of applicable jurisdictions including, inter alia, Hong Kong, E.U. and U.S
- The role holder is responsible for regional compliance with policy, external sanctions regulations applied regionally and oversight of compliance with local Sanctions regulation at country level
- Support Team Head in the implementation of any changes to Policy and ensure that Regional Advisory Team's processes and procedure are fully up to date and signed off
- Screening of transactions against all applicable restricted party lists and red flag testing and provide support to sales and operations teams on tenders and business development to determine import / export and applicable license requirements.
- Research and categorize products and services to determine controlled commodities. Assess, assign and/or submit classification requests to relevant government agencies as required.
- Assist in the development and delivery of internal training on export compliance awareness. Work with all levels of the company to ensure the understanding on import / export compliance requirements and risks is being fully communicated.
- Identify potential areas of export / import compliance risk within the company and work with internal and external customers’/ freight forwarders / customs brokers, government agencies and other functional areas to support compliance.
To qualify for this role, you must have the following requirements:
- At least 5 years of sound working knowledge of trade compliance with significant experience in export controls.
- Experience in ECCN classification for hardware, software, technology.
- Experience using applicable import / export license, shipping clearance, systems.
- Experience with investigating and researching companies and individuals for sanctions risks.
- A desire to work and extend to other areas, such as Data Privacy. Candidate with such experience will be considered.
- Ability to research, interpret and apply complex U.S. and non-U.S. government export/import regulations.
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible, and be able to prioritize and complete projects and work well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solver with attention to details, and also the ability to deal with different stakeholders.
If you are interested in this role, please send your cv to email@example.com. Only Shortlisted candidates will be notified.