- Depends on Experience
- Hong Kong
- Temporary, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
This role is responsible for facilitating the sales process for MSCI index products as well as assisting the sales team in administrative functions such as client record management, contract management and preparation of sales materials such as presentation and data sample.
The Sales-support is a member of the Asia Pacific Client Coverage team working closely with sales team to secure client interest and purchase of MSCI Products. This role is responsible for facilitating the sales process for MSCI index products as well as assisting the sales team in administrative functions such as client record management, contract management and preparation of sales materials such as presentation and data sample. Sales-support plays a key role in the pre-sales process assisting the sales team in market research and analysis of prospective clients, competitors, and market outlook, as well as in prospecting for new clients.
The Sales-support will work closely with MSCI Product Management and Client Services to identify solutions for clients requiring or utilizing security or index level data (including prices, market capitalizations, weights, financial ratios, and balance sheet or income statement data). Such data is incorporated throughout the investment process and can be used for research, as the basis of a product offering, for performance or marketing, and for regulatory and client reporting.
Scope of Responsibility
- Pre-sales process management
- Set-up and participate in prospective client discussions
- New product placement support
- Regular communication with Asia Client Coverage team
- Pre-sales analysis, market analysis, competitor research.
- Answer prospective client inquiries about MSCI products, index calculation and methodologies
- Provide sample data or analysis to assist a client with any due diligence exercise
- Analyze market performance and index data for our clients
- Prepare contract and maintain client records diligently
- Coordinate internally on setup of data delivery and client on boarding process
- Complete various data retrieval tasks for clients and for internal team reporting purposes
- Work with other departments (Product Management, Marketing, Finance, etc.) to ensure that all client requirements are covered in product offerings
- Enhance client relationships through proactive follow up on issues raised by clients
- Execute ad-hoc project initiatives to help increase outreach of the Index Sales Team
- This position may require occasional travel to other offices for training
- An organized and analytical individual with the ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate complicated concepts or methodologies verbally and in writing to various internal teams and clients
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects under tight, short-term deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently across diverse cultures in a global team and collaborating with colleagues across functions, geography, and business lines
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Chinese
- Good understanding of international financial institutions and global financial markets
- 3 years of experience in the financial services industry preferred