Sales Manager, Trade
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will have the responsibility of originating and executing, Trade transactions in assigned jurisdictions working towards asset generation targets. They will be a key element of developing the countries trade capabilities and strategy. Individual will proactively contributing to achieve QNB's strategic Transaction Banking goals and Supporting the Transaction Banking product cross-sell. Role Description:
- Identify and create new business opportunities to grow the client base and market share.
- Develop and implement marketing and customer call plans with respect to Trade products across QNB Group to achieve the agreed financial targets.
- Responsible for trade deal origination, deal execution.
- Observes and promotes cost consciousness and efficiency, and enhance productivity, to minimize costs, avoid wastes, and optimize benefits for the bank.
- Responsible for the financial performance of trade assets over the lifetime of the transaction.
- Act within the limits of the powers delegated to the incumbent and delegate authority to the respective staff and monitor exercise of the same
- Develop and maintain strong deal pipeline and trade target market to enhance the overall QNB client proposal on QNB markets.
- Actively participate and represent QNB on trade forums.
- Establish personal relationships with trade customers.
- Attend trade customer calls, lead the business discussion and design the appropriate transaction structure (Term Sheet and proposal letter drafting) for the customers.
- Discuss pricing proposition, transaction structure and asset distribution strategy with relationship/risk management and agree on the same with customers.
- Negotiate and execute deal documentation with customers and oversee the entire deal implementation process.
- Drive the transaction execution process and assume deal ownership.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with all other related departments and units in QNB Country to achieve the Sales goals.
- Implement solutions with respect to trade products and harmonize the initiatives with the transaction banking business objectives of the Country.
- Provide timely and accurate information to external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- Maintain high documentation standards both internally and externally.
- Work with Corporate Relationship Management to support the trade business objectives.
- Work with Risk Management, Financial control, Compliance and Legal to ensure the control around the trade product proposition.
- Prepare deal review materials for structured trade transactions, identify key risks and mitigants in relation to the trade structure and provide the relevant structuring input for credit approvals.
- Work with Operations, Information Technology and Treasury to ensure the smooth and timely transaction execution.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in banking.
- University graduate (Bachelor's degree) preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics, or Business Administration (related field of study), Masters preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Additional fluency in Arabic is useful)
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to manage project and cross functional relationships.
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the relevant laws, regulations and practices.
- Ability to make decisions and follow through with initiatives.
- Personal integrity and self-management.
- Planning, organizing and analytical ability.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV