Sales Director, Issuer Services, Hong Kong
Citi's Capital Markets Origination division is comprised of over 20 different groups, many of which are hybrids between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. This unique mix of groups drives the fixed income and equities markets by providing products and liquidity for our clients. Typical responsibilities of Capital Markets Origination includes managing overall fixed income and equity relationships as well as dialogue with corporate clients; originating, marketing, structuring and executing fixed income and equity transactions.
The Issuer Services business delivers bespoke capital market transaction services to a wide variety of clients including banks, corporations, lawyers and governments around the world. Specific transaction services are delivered in connection with Corporate Debt, Restructuring, Structured Finance, M&A, Project Finance and Depositary Receipts transactions. Responsibilities:
Key Skills / Competencies
- Full contribution towards delivering against regional sales goas and maintaining our position as the market leading service provider in Asia.
- Assist in defining sales strategy and execute against defined strategy
- Provide senior representation for sales team both internally and externally
- Establish sales plan for coverage markets and ensure execution against plan
- Fully participate and assist the team in targeting key intermediaries and prospects to develop strong pipeline and source new mandates for Issuer Services
- Full responsibility for individual sales target
- Position Citi to win Issuer Services mandates by being fully conversant with Issuer Services product characteristics. Support regional team in relation to cross border transactions where appropriate.
- Target key issuers, intermediaries and prospects to develop a strong pipeline and source new mandates for Issuer Services
- Maintain dialogue with existing clients and intermediaries at all levels of seniority from working level to C-suite contacts
- Be a first point of contact for existing clients and connect with Issuer Services hubs to help resolve key issues
- Work with clients and their advisors to understand deal structures, prepare proposals and agree pricing
- Act as key partner and trusted advisor to clients and external intermediaries in relation to local market regulations that may impact Issuer Services transactions
- Work with regional hub to seek approvals, and ensure adequate execution and implementation of transactions prior to closing
- Work with team to ensure that deal structures are well understood and operationally viable
- Act as first line of defence to ensure that mandates won are within target market and do not present significant franchise risk to Citi
- Build strong internal network with IBD, CMO, Corporate Bank RM's, Securities Services, Legal, Compliance, Risk and Issuer services colleagues in key HK, Singapore, London and NY hubs
Qualifications / Experience:
- Highly motivated self-starter, resourceful, able to perform well under stressful conditions, flexible, team player
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships at varying levels of seniority is critical
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Positive outlook & "can do" attitude are essential
- Excellent PC skills with specific emphasis on presentation and written client materials.
- Confident / competent client management skills are essential.
- Ability to understand complex Capital Markets deal structures and build creative solutions for clients
- Demonstrated ability to build internal and external client networks
- Strong sales experience as a top performing sales manager at a financial services organization
- Existing intermediary network throughout Asia is a distinct advantage
- Solid understanding of capital markets, project finance or M&A market is an advantage
- Self-Motivated, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player, able to work effectively as part of a top performing sales team
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .