Sales Associate (Research, Sales & Trading - Global Markets Group)
IHS Markit's Global Markets Group (GMG) provides market intelligence, data and technology solutions to all participants in the Global Markets. This role will support and assist the Asia Pacific GMG sales team to drive new business sales and grow existing business across the Research, Sales & Trading and Brokerage & Research Services suite of products.
The Associate will work closely with the GMG Sales representatives across assigned accounts and territories to support business goals and expectations. Primary focus will be on the data and workflow solutions for Research, Sales and Trading (sell-side) as well as the Brokerage & Research Services for the Investment Management (buy-side) community in the Asia Pacific region. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist and support sales in the retention of existing business.
- Source and identify leads and opportunities for Sales representatives
- Assist with demonstrations of products and solutions to prospects and clients
- Manage an assigned book of renewals.
- Fully understand client workflows and where GMG products are relevant
- Provide market feedback to the GMG Sales and product teams
- Manage sales pipeline reporting and sales presentation documents
- Collaboration with marketing for event management and product related materials
- Understand the broader IHS Markit offering for identifying synergy opportunities Experience:
- 2 to 3 years vendor experience servicing financial institutions
- Ability to develop effective presentations for internal and external purposes
- Ability to communicate effectively and cold call prospects
- Understanding of Investment Banking workflow particularly within Research, Sales & Trading
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and Salesforce is desirable Personal Direction and Commercial Awareness:
- A desire to develop a career in Sales
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Able to understand the end to end sales process
- Strong interest in the financial markets industry Communication:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong inter-personal and influencing skills
- Proven ability for effective cold calls
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Teamwork:
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve group goals and objectives Location:
- Hong Kong
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.