See job description for details
Corporate and Investment Banking provides corporate customers with a full range of commercial banking products and services, including cash management services, current accounts, time deposits, trade finance, working capital finance, term loans and capital markets fundarising. Through our continued commitment, DBS has cultivated long-standing relationships with its customers in the region. Well-connected in Asia, IBG serves multinational, large and small to medium sized customers to grow their business.
DBS launched its Responsible Financing Standard in 2017. The Standard applies to all lending and capital markets products and services within DBS Bank Ltd and its banking subsidiaries. Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Head of IBG, HK and Group Head of Sustainability, IBG, the role will help shape a sustainable finance vision for the Bank across the region (especially Hong Kong and Greater Bay Area), and develop the tools and training to support it. The role will contribute to fostering a culture of sustainability within IBG HK.
- Conduct research on sustainability topics in sensitive sectors such as agriculture, oil & gas, infrastructure and shipping; keeping abreast of trends and issues, communicating, training, and raising awareness to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Relationship Managers and Credit Risk Managers to implement the Responsible Financing Standard and associated Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) guidelines and integrating them into the client origination, credit approval, and overall decision-making process. This includes carrying out ESG due diligence on high-impact transactions and advisory of risk mitigating plans to enhance the overall risk profile of a transaction.
- Advise and structure sustainable finance transactions (green, social, blue, transition and KPI-linked financing) suitable to client needs, from developing the proposal to executing the transaction. This covers a range of banking products from corporate loans, trade finance, project finance to bonds.
- Develop, coordinate, deliver the training agenda in this aspect in our core markets in Hong Kong and Greater Bay Area.
- Serve as a point of contact for engagements with Hong Kong regulator, governmental agencies, industry associations, NGOs and other relevant agencies/bodies on sustainability matters and where required, collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate responses and communication.
- Work with internal stakeholders to collate information for various sustainability reporting medium e.g. annual Sustainability Review, Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosures, Equator Principles, Green Investment Principles for the Belt and Road Initiative
- Bachelor's or advanced degrees in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering preferred.
- At least 7 years' experience in corporate client-facing role, green/social/SDG financing, equities research, environmental and social risk consulting, or work experience in industries such as energy, agri-commodities, manufacturing and shipping.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin preferred.
- Proficiency in EXCEL and number crunching tasks.
- Candidates who are already working in financial institutions are preferred.
- Possess professional and interpersonal skills to establish good rapport and working relationship with internal and external stakeholders.