SVP- Head of Relationship Management
Job Description Leader of a large and/or more complex sub-region with responsibility to manage a team of account managers and/or relationship managers. Responsible for the development and execution of strategy, extending existing customer relationships and developing new business relationships within their territory (larger and/or more complex/sophisticated sub-region). Scope
- Responsible for overall line management for the Relationship Management team within the South China sub-region. Is responsible for managing/coaching the entire team.
- Will own the business development territory, will personally own and drive top/key prospects; whist having the ability to delegate chosen prospects to RM.
- Overall responsibility for the review, design and delivery of a strategic business development plan for the sub-region
- Collaborate with other sub-regional heads in Greater China and other regions in APAC
- Head of RM will be expected to spend 30% of their time on the road meeting customers.
- Proactively manage 10 - 30 â€high valueâ€ accounts for their region (produce key account plans â€"x number of cross selling opportunities, monetize annual price increases on customers)
- Responsible for leading the Annual Pricing Review and defining the gap strategy and will provide feedback on product needs/ideas/concepts to the Product Management Team where appropriate.
- Responsible for being the senior representative of the team to face key intermediary partners in the market, including capital market bankers, rating advisors, client coverage bankers etc.
- Acts as speaker or facilitator of expert panels in internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Lead review of budget, forecast and staffing needs for his/her region(s) and/or line of business.
- Can support and back-up the Head of Relationship Management for the region
- Can provide support and back-up for other regional sub-leaders (e.g. Head of RM of a smaller sub region)
Academic Qualifications / Work Experience
- Ability to think holistically about a market in the broader context of the own and other territories and able to formulate a strategic and tactical plan for the region with high autonomy. This includes a detailed SWOT analysis for the region and concrete proposals how to fully exploit opportunities and how to address gaps
- Ability to effectively and eloquently chair several meetings daily with clients across a large range of different profiles on short notice or preparation.
- Speak and communicate convincingly in front of senior management, clients and larger audiences
- Maintain active relationships with issuers at all levels independently and minimal oversight
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to hold a 60 minutes in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO with issuers in a large and/or more complex sub-region
- Articulate and explain Moodyâ€™s value proposition
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable draft tender documents
- Expert level knowledge on financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment / territory and/or line of business
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm
- Excellent understanding of Moodyâ€™s service suite, contracts and general conduct of business
- Able to easily switch from role as Account Management to Business Development
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives
- Full product proficiency (fully fluent in our product suite)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese required
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Extensive years of experience in the financial services industry is required.
- Previous experience in sales & marketing and in managerial role is desired.
- Some experience in credit will be an advantage
Moodyâ€™s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moodyâ€™s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.