Risk, Operational Risk Specialist, Vice President, Hong Kong
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm . YOUR IMPACT
Through measuring and managing operational risk across the firm, you will contribute to an effective and efficient allocation of risk capital, and enforce the risk appetite of the firm. In doing so you will provide commercial and strategic business risk insight to the firm and to our clients, including adjusting business practices to reduce inherent risk and increase ambient control. You will become a risk expert with in-depth knowledge in different businesses and all aspects of operational risk. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis Department, an independent risk management function as part of the Risk Division, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor operational risks across the firm.
The role is for a professional with deep subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm's operational risk management framework. Responsibilities include:
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- Facilitation of operational risk event collection, performing detailed reviews of events, tracking of remediation, conducting trend analysis and reporting
- Interaction with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Technology and the business in order to help identify enhancements through effective assessment and challenge of the business and Technology processes and the Technology Control Infrastructure
- Working with Business Continuity Coordinators in all Business and Technology groups across the Asia region as the regional owner of the global Business Continuity Program to ensure Divisional plans and assurance activities meet Firm and regulatory requirements
- Interaction with regulators in matters related to operational & technology risks as well as support for the firm's Operational Risk Governance framework
- Exercising credible and effective challenge as a 2nd line of defense
- Ensuring operational risks arising from new products, activity, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Remaining current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business, identifying new or emerging risks to which the business is exposed
- Providing clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to internal staff on matters of Operational Risk Management
- Working with senior stakeholders within the Business and Federation divisions, strengthening and developing the risk framework and its individual components
- Conducting training and raise awareness of the operational risk framework and business continuity program within the region
- Identifying, monitoring and analyzing risk measures
- Contributing to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
This role requires an energetic self-starter who can liaise with business and federation teams at several levels of management both regionally and globally, and may require interaction with external parties. Experience in businesses, products, technologies and control requirements is required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Core Skills and Experience:
- Clear English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Strong understanding of risk management concepts and how Technology and Business controls, policies and procedures enable effective prevention, detection, and mitigation of risks
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of Asia Financial Markets, products traded, and an understanding of the processes and business and technology flows in an Investment Bank
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and/or business continuity knowledge in developing or maintaining business continuity plans, business recovery site development and testing, and crisis management across Asia markets are an advantage
- Understanding of technology risks and controls including those applicable to Information Security, Cyber Security, and Application Development
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment in Asia
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Business Continuity and Technology Resiliency concepts and frameworks in order to own and drive the regional cross-divisional program which is part of the global Firmwide Business Continuity Program.
- Strong technical and quantitative aptitude to be able to understand and determine quantification of operational risks
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Able to present and communicate status and risks and technical details with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently and proactively, with a proven track record of delivery
- Team oriented
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity