Risk, Market Risk Specialist, Vice President, Hong Kong
The Risk division is responsible for independent review of credit, market, operational, model, liquidity risk throughout the firm.
Market Risk Specialists are part of the Risk division and help effective deployment of risk appetite, prudent risk management and regulatory compliance for the Firm's market risks. This is achieved through the proactive application of expert knowledge, judgement and risk management capabilities including limit setting. Activities are centered on Risk management and analysis, transparency and escalation of Risk, Supervision and overall process improvement.
Joining the team will give you the opportunity to focus on Investing and Lending activities, a significant and growing area for the firm covering a range of products and businesses. You will work closely with colleagues around the globe on tasks and projects that contribute directly to the firm's success. This role is ideal for collaborative individuals who enjoy being challenged, have strong ethics and attention to detail. HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Evaluate market risk taking behavior and influence outcomes through portfolio and transaction level risk analysis as well as risk limit calibration and setting.
- Apply expertise in market risk management metrics such as VaR, Stress Tests across asset classes, as well as Banking Book Interest Rate Risk metrics such as EVE and NII.
- Apply understanding of factors and events that could lead to an impact on the financial markets and analyze their impact on the firm's portfolios.
- Perform proactive ad-hoc stress tests ahead of notable market events.
- Identify higher order risks (convexity profiles , and intra and inter asset class cross gammas) , basis risks and tails risks in portfolios .
- E nsur e that issues are promptly escalated to senior management.
- Direct the implementation of new risk measures and improvements to existing measures using knowledge of risk management and communicating directly with senior management on risk-related issues.
- Engage with traders and desk heads on market risk matters, including P&L drivers and changes in risk profile.
- Monitor adherence to established risk limits and ensuring that material risks are effectively communicated to senior management.
- Maintain shared responsibility for signing off on the Market Risk approval process for new products traded by the businesses covered.
- Operate at an intersection of risk appetite and conducting business.
- Improve commercial impact and effective personnel performance under a robust control environment.
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Finance, Economics or a related quantitative/analytical discipline preferred
- Understanding of financial products, in particular fixed income and equity (including derivatives/greeks) preferred. Experience with alternative assets (private equity, private debt, real estate) a plus.
- Proven problem solving ability and control mentality
- Able to analyze and challenge risk taking activities while engaging effectively with first line of defense
- Ability to collaborate with people from different departments and levels of seniority
- Ability to communicate complex information directly with senior management
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity