Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. We've grown to 19 global locations and have raised over US$800 million in funding. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting directly to the Global Risk Director of Airwallex, the Global Risk Manager is a critical role which will take the second line of defense ownership of fraud risk management while supporting the Global Risk Director in the implementation of the broader risk management framework. By effectively mitigating the risk we face as a business, this role will allow Airwallex to scale globally. We are looking to build an infrastructure that will balance risk whilst keeping customer experience top of mind. This role is part of a truly global team and we are open to this person being based in any of our established offices.
- Play a leading role in building a global, technology driven fraud risk management function which covers risk monitoring, detection, policy and assurance across the global footprint of the Airwallex business
- Formulate global fraud risk policies and procedures and ensure they are in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Risk Product and Risk Operations teams in defining fraud rules, transaction monitoring, investigation, escalation and decision-making processes
- Analyze and assess fraud risk in new product / service design and approval and articulate necessary control plan
- Advise the management on fraud risk, governance and regulatory requirements (external) across all markets the company operates in
- Monitor the fraud risk profile across the global entities within the group and ensure they are operating within acceptable risk tolerance
- Work closely with the Global Risk Director in the implementation of broader Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Being the evangelist in fostering Risk Culture within Airwallex
- Support ongoing recruitment, training and mentorship initiatives
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/ Accounting, Risk Management, Legal or related fields
- At least 7+ years of relevant Risk Management, Compliance, Control or Auditing experience preferred
- Experience in FinTech and Financial Services (especially in Payments/Consumer/Remittance) are highly preferred
- Combination of advisory and hands on risk management functions in a financial institution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Other languages considered advantageous
- Experience in a start-up/scale-up environment or as part of an international team
- Previous experience of working with senior Management preferred
- Independent, self-starter and works well with cross-functional teams
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Airwallex. At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You'll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.