CIMB Group is a leading ASEAN universal bank and one of the region’s foremost corporate advisors. It is also a world leader in Islamic finance. The Group is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and offers consumer banking, commercial banking, investment banking, Islamic banking and asset management products and services. It is the fifth largest banking group by assets in ASEAN and had around 34000 staff and over 16 million customers. We offer Wholesale Banking products and services in Hong Kong.
To cope with our business growth, we are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join us as Risk Manager in Hong Kong.
- As a second line of defence, to assist the Head of Risk Management, CIMB Hong Kong to plan, develop and direct the implementation of risk management strategy and framework for CIMB Bank Berhad Hong Kong Branch, to ensure that risks undertaken are within the Risk Appetite of the entities where applicable.
- The person assists the Head of Risk Management to oversee all aspects of CIMB Hong Kong’s risk management functions including the maintenance of adequate risk policies and procedures to ensure they are in full compliance with all banking laws, regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- To ensure the risk management activities of CIMB Hong Kong are conducted in accordance with the CIMB Group’s EWRM framework and in compliance with the local regulations.
- To escalate all relevant risk positions and issues to the Head of Risk Management, CIMB Hong Kong.
- Assist Risk Head to ensure CIMB Hong Kong’s risk management framework is in line with CIMB Group’s EWRM framework, including activities relating to Risk Appetite (RAS), Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Control Issue Management (CIM) and Operational Risk Loss Events (LED).
- Understand the implications of changes to the regulatory environment and ensure that CIMB Hong Kong’s risk management policies, procedures, committees’ Terms of References and business processes comply with the regulatory changes.
- Provide comprehensive risk reporting to senior management, including ongoing identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting of key exposures and risk limits as approved by the Board.
- Identify potential risk control gaps in existing business processes and support the Risk Head in the definition and execution of mitigation plans.
- Coordinate internal risk queries and risk reviews including CIMs, LEDs and Control Effectiveness Testing (CET) to ensure sustainable remediation of issues.
- Manage the new product approval process for CIMB Hong Kong including reviewing and challenging initiatives within an agreed risk tolerance.
- Perform secretariat duties for CIMB Hong Kong’s Asset Liability Committee.