Retail Risk Analytics Manager - Global Risk
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Retail Risk Analytics Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Be able to build risk models independently.
- Simplify and automate acquisition and portfolio management decisions by developing and utilizing advanced analytics and models.
- Develop stress testing models that provides appropriate level of forecasting
- Be able to justify model results and present to senior management at model review meetings
- Coordinate and support stress testing projects including industry wide stress test and internal capital stress test. Provide explanations to countries on the projections and relating the results back to business performance
- Ensure accurate and timely development as well as implementation of models for Asia Pacific.
- Responsible for data quality assurance for all models developed.
- Enhance model development process. Identify gaps in current operation and suggest measures to streamline operation process and enhance customer experience.
- Proactive analytical support for regional analytics, risk strategy or finance teams.
- Engage with country teams to proactively support business initiatives and provide recommendation based on analytical approaches.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in marketing, statistics or business related discipline.
- Moderate years of experience in credit cycle management and or credit risk management in retail banking environment especially in model development. As the candidate for the role is expected to be able to carry out the model development as well as analytical exercise with limited guidance.
- Good understanding of acquisition and portfolio management methodologies. Alternatively if the candidate has good understanding of stress testing methodologies, it will also be of advantage.
- Ability to micro manage different projects with different stakeholders, with a drive to deliver.
- Experience in utilizing data analytics for robust strategy design and development.
- Strong planning, analytical, communications, decision making, influencing, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units at senior levels within the organization.
- Suitable candidates with less experience could be considered for a position at the lower Band.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.