Research Division, HK and China Utilities, Equity Research Associate (Mandarin-speaking)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Sep 17
See job description for details
I. Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
II. Research Division
Morgan Stanley has earned a strong reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Research Associate to join the Equity Research team based in Hong Kong specializing in HK and China Utilities.
Based in Hong Kong, this role will be part of a market-leading team and support the Lead Analyst in financial modeling & analysis, database management, understanding press releases or disclosures, client presentations and interactions, research report writing and publications. This Research Associate should have developed a solid understanding of companies in Hong Kong and China Utilities sector and be able to leverage Morgan Stanley’s global franchise to provide a global perspective.
- Keep abreast of news flows in financials and developments in Hong Kong and China Utilities sector
- Create & maintain financial models leveraging skills in accounting, finance and economics
- Develop & maintain Utilities sector-specific databases
- Research, draft & write reports with a company or sector specific focus
- Respond to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
- Assist in the design and preparation of analyst marketing strategy and materials
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- A university degree with excellent academic results
- Equity research or sector coverage experience in Hong Kong and China Utilities a distinct advantage
- Native or business-level written and spoken communication skills in both English and Mandarin necessary
- Practical analytical and accounting skills, with a focus on earnings forecast and financial modeling, from Big4 or sell-side research
- Quick learner with structured mind-set and ability to work well under pressure
- Proactive & hard working with strong sense of professional accountability
- Strong focus on coordination and teamwork
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to sit for a written test