Remedial Mgmt Sr Group Manager
The Remedial Mgmt Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business. Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and approving valuations and restructuring analysis for stressed and distressed assets and situations, including the determination of write-off, reserve and risk of loss amounts that directly impact the P&L of the firm;
- Providing guidance and strategic / tactical thought leadership on the assessment of liquidity, debt capacity and other areas of financial and operating performance to evaluate areas of weakness and potential for turnaround, which is measured by setting and monitoring appropriate classification triggers;
- Working closely with Region Heads and senior members of Risk and Business to ensure coordination on the restructuring/valuation process and situations and escalating any potential issues
- Tracking ongoing performance of classified credits and reporting to senior credit and business management;
- Providing thought leadership on policy and procedural matters that affect Remedial Management and driving solutions; and
- Participating in and leading Citigroup-level and Business-level policy-based initiatives and special projects
- Reporting to Seniors, manage exposures from early problem recognition through to full restructuring or insolvency recovery, including appropriate risk rating, classification and carrying values.
- Demonstrates effective communication with the issuer and all relevant constituents to ensure awareness of the problems and potential solutions, including fresh equity, disposals, refinancing or restructuring
- Assess financial and operating performance to evaluate weaknesses and potential for turnaround and to evaluates liquidity requirements and debt capacity
- Partner with the Valuation Team, in modeling and assessing companies' financial position to assesses appropriate debt structure and accurate debt value (using the most appropriate valuation methodology)
- Assist, lead and/ or influence the structuring and negotiation of term sheets (dependent upon experience)
- Engage and lead the restructuring team comprised of lawyers, accountants, banks, and creditor groups, occasionally as part of a creditors' committee
- Partner with and influence decision making among internal businesses and product areas - including senior management
- Conducts risk management of the classified portfolio including monitoring performance of assigned accounts and forecasting exposures for capital and asset quality purposes
- Provides Coaching, developing and mentoring
- Manage the team structure by understanding personnel needs, seeking organizational support, recruiting and retaining talented members of the team
- Manages a remedial/recovery team that is responsible for structuring, analyzing, approving, and resolving a commercial portfolio of focused sub-performing, non-performing, and off strategy transactions consisting of varying degrees of credit risk, structure complexity, and customer profile.
- Applies analytical, strategically, and managerial skills to asses risk/return and best strategies for accounts managed by teams of workout professionals.
- Evaluates, analyzes and implements core strategies for the remedial portfolios that are either directly managed by Remedial or subject to co-management strategies with internal business clients.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years experience in fundamental credit assessment techniques and policies of a global financial institution
- Ability to analyze corporate financial statements, business plans, across a range of industrial sectors and financial
- Very good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Minimum Risk Senior Credit Officer with the potential of being elevated to Senior Credit Officer Level 2 within a 1-3 year time horizon. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Remedial Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting