The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all branch operational documentation control in respect of customer account maintenance acting as the subject matter expert on the first line of defense by effective Know Your Customer (KYC). They will assist Front
- Ensure the completeness of documentation in the opening, review and maintenance of Retail, Corporate, Treasury and Financial institutions account relationships (conventional and Islamic), review documentation on all new accounts to ensure proper procedures were followed and red flags were properly followed up and approved.
- Ensure all KYC, due diligence and other regulatory requirements are met for new accounts.
- Maintain the safe custody of all documents by filing documents in accordance with the set policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Open a separate file for each customer; follow up with the Relationship Manager Units on the timely update of customer information in the system.
- Engage, in liaison with Relationship Managers, with customers and their representatives in obtaining and completing the documentary requirements necessary to open and maintain accounts with the Branch.
- Analysis of KYC and due diligence data in support of Relationship Manager review of customer information.
- Timely update of customer files consequent upon risk rated review, changes in the postal address, employment details, ownership of business, legal form of business etc.
- Timely submission of documents to central archives, as and when deemed necessary.
- Coordinate with the Operations Department for the timely closing, archival and, ultimately, disposal of customer files upon the closing of customer accounts.
- Maintain a register for all customer files and develop a list of files for destruction.
- Prepare MIS reports with regards to Transactions Documentation and Control activities.
- Provision of relevant periodic Management Information for review at Committees (in accordance with Branch Governance framework).
- To assist customers in all their queries on Bank’s product and seek solution to their requests
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group’s goals/objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics or Business Administration (related field of study),
- 5+ years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with a large local / International Bank.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and best practices relating to account opening/ closing/service.
- Knowledge of relevant KYC and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) directives/ rules and regulations and best practices.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to recognise patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in English and National Language of the country, which we operate in.
- Good organizational skills.
- Independent and self-motivated
- Good planning, organizing and analytical ability.