Relationship Manager, HFS
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 20 Mar 19
Relationship Manager, HFS
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
You will be responsible for managing client relationships for the Hedge Fund Services clients. This will require in-depth knowledge of Hedge Fund Services to provide clients with information and suggestions, and add value to the relationship. You will take pride in owning the client relationship, escalating urgent queries and supporting client deliverables and operations. This will also involve identifying opportunities to cross-sell products generating additional revenues.
- Manages client relationships for Hedge Fund Services clients.
- Ensures overall client satisfaction by facilitating efforts of service team, coordinating resources to ensure timely delivery and issue-resolution, and effectively communicating client concerns/needs to partners.
- Develops complete understanding of client's business, objectives, goals and market challenges, and ensures bank relationship plan is consistent.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with client contacts. Demonstrates ability to add value by anticipating possible solutions and partnering with client to implement.
- Educates client on emerging issues, bank products and services, regulatory/tax changes, and the general hedge fund environment, advising the client of the impact on the client's business and on our own services.
- Cross-sells bank products/services and participates in development of solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, brings in experts when appropriate, closes the sale, ensures smooth delivery of new services, and communicates emerging needs.
- Manages client profitability, understands competitive environment, develops pricing strategies, and works with team to enhance profitability.
- Operates independently; has in-depth knowledge of business unit / function.
- As subject area expert, provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and leadership to team and partners at a high technical level.
- Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
- Previous fund accounting or middle office operations industry experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in client services or sales preferred
- Must be detailed oriented and able to learn operational workflows
- Ability to manage relationships with C-Suite executives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrate constant proactive actions
- Strong Microsoft Office and Outlook skills.
- Ability to learn new systems
- Understanding of either asset management or hedge fund industry (strategies, market, stakeholders, service providers)
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $7.6 trillion in assets under custody
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management
- $132 billion in banking assets
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 29 th March 2019 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.