Relationship Manager, Business Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To market and introduce customised financial services and products which including cash management, trade, treasury, investment, insurance to cater for business segment.
- Conduct credit analysis and prepare credit proposals for the clients' financial services / investment needs
- To achieve individual assets/ liabilities and revenue targets through acquiring new accounts, growing and maintaining assigned portfolio of Business Clients.
- Identifying, developing, strengthening and managing relationships with both new and existing customers, including cross-border business opportunities in Greater China.
- Implementing agreed business plan to achieve sales/ revenue targets.
- Generating creative ideas on customer acquisition and product/ service solution.
- To build a portfolio of Business clients with a balance on risk and business opportunity.
- Provide financial solutions to the High value / net-worth business clients according to their financial needs, such as trade finance, business lending, cash management, and treasury products / services.
- To develop and maintain active referral relationships with business partners, intermediaries and other customer sources.
- Where needed and appropriate, RM will conduct cross border travel for client relationship building in accordance to Cross Border Policy and respective country guidelines
- Ensure meeting clients requirements while ensuring compliance with all regulations and controls as set by the Bank and external regulatory authorities by all staff.
- University education with commercial/corporate banking sales and service experience, preferably with specialisation in commercial/corporate wealth solutions for top tier customers
- Superior knowledge of investment and financial markets products. A good sense of Trade Finance, Cash Management, Cross-border products /services / policy is a definite advantage.
- Candidate is expected to possess extensive customer contacts that qualifies for the high value Business Clients segment
- Make effective business decisions independently, based on sound financial and business principles
- Competent in collaborating with product specialist s to recommend product suite offerings to clients
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to deal with people of all levels
- A team player with good initiatives and assertiveness
- A self-motivator who is keen on upgrading and improving personal knowledge & skills to meet evolving job requirements
- Passes in the HKSI Licensing Examination Paper 1, 7& 8 and Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examination 1,2,3 &5 or equivalent.
- Candidate with banking experience in serving Chinese and Taiwanese nationalities in China and/or Taiwan is a definite plus
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.