- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
About Global Corporates
The Global Corporates team is responsible for supporting large global multinational corporations with their banking requirements. The primary product set consists of cash management, liquidity, trade and working capital finance, asset finance, and foreign exchange. We also bring a range more structured solutions to clients including supply chain finance and non-recourse receivables finance.
We work as one global team, in a fully integrated manner, with relationship directors covering clients both at a parental and subsidiary level. To achieve this end, we have GC teams established in, United Kingdom/Nordic Region, Western Europe (France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Ireland, Germany and The Netherlands), Middle East, North America and Asia.
Overall purpose of role:
- Build, invest and grow the client coverage and Barclays revenue flow from Local Corporates based in Greater China
- Actively drive internal marketing of our CIB franchise with our global network partners across CB & IB and responsible to credentialise our franchise with clients through the planned corridor marketing activity
- Partner with Global coverage stakeholders across CB and IB to drive seamless execution of revenue yielding business opportunities within the risk / return framework of Barclays
- Provide excellent customer service and build, develop and deepen an integrated CFO/Treasurer level relationships with clients and widen the product suite with on boarded clients
- Demonstrate product knowledge, sales research, customer relationship development, and research into solutions to meet customers' needs using market and industry information and risk management for the portfolio(s)
- To manage the co-ordination of evaluation and execution of large structured transactions, under the supervision of the team lead, or assisting a more senior manager. The value of these transactions will typically £2m and above
- Develop practical and appropriate credit solutions (or Lending structures) through understanding customer needs
- Business research, marketing, advertising & sponsorship campaigns, production of MI, Pricing and covenant structures
Key specific accountabilities.
- Research current & new markets, identify target names, prepare client strategies
- Focused and robust communication plan to credentialise Barclays franchise in Hong Kong with key internal stakeholders and corridor leads
- Planning and execution of planned corridor marketing events in high potential corridors with a high return on investment to enhance visibility of our Franchise and to market credible solutions to get access to decision making Regional and Group Treasurers of Global Corporates
- Proactively anticipate, respond and seek to exceed the expectations of customers
- Identify cross selling opportunities & ensure active follow-up
- Actively building a channel of communication with key client contacts at a parent level by showcasing Barclays expertise in economic and event based research
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the Greater China client's strategy and business from an HQ/Parent perspective
- Building a strong contact database with marketing initiatives to have an informed input to Global Client account plans and man-marking activity
- Enhancing client access through engagement with multiple trade and business councils/chambers of commerce
- Prepare deal pitch documents and support Global Relationship Director in delivering presentations to customers
- Undertake financial analysis to develop optimal funding and product solutions
- Targeting prospective customers to originate new relationships and win new business, in conjunction with CIB Hong Kong and networking with Global Relationship leads of Global clients with CB and IB
- Articulating and executing a strategic roadmap with identified building blocks which will drive growth of the client coverage business
- Focusing on our existing customers to provide excellent service and be recognised as a trusted advisor.
- Leading the development and execution of strategic Global client account plans and be a role model to ensure seamless execution of identified business opportunities
- Collaborate with Client Relationship Teams across relevant geographies and global network points
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank's internal network to ensure that the entire Bank's relevant expertise is brought to bear in every client interaction. Work with product partners and the wider Barclays Group to increase wallet share.
- Regularly communicating client strategic opportunities to the extended regional and global relationship teams
- Developing critical relationships with client decision makers and regularly define and communicate commercial opportunities for new and existing clients across Corporate and Investment Banking
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the client's strategy and business
- Working with industry specialists as appropriate for solution delivery, and with credit colleagues to structure solutions. Market complex solutions using a diagnostic approach.
- Adherence to pricing policies and to drive the internal pricing approval process with a strategic account planning approach.
- Using prioritisation model to ensure regular contact with customers, including strategic annual review, service meetings, complaint resolution, etc.
- Leveraging detailed client plans to follow customer centric and professional marketing process
Stakeholder Management and Leadership:
- Work closely with and build strong relationships within CIB Coverage, Product and COO teams and cross Barclays group.
- Ensure key stakeholders are engaged, including partners in functions; Compliance, Operations, Service, Marketing, IT, Finance, HR, and Risk.
- Working with the operations team to ensure that processes and controls are effective and to ensure that transaction turnarounds are within committed timeframe.
- Influencing across all levels of the organisation.
- Acting as a role model visibly and consistently behaving in ways that reinforce culture, encouraging others to do the same
- Ensuring effective risk management of portfolio
- Operating in accordance with Corporate Bank risk appetite and lending procedures
- Taking ownership of high quality objective credit applications, ensure robust ongoing monitoring and control and that sound judgement is exercised at all times.
- Ensure high standards of data quality are maintained at all times
- Working to continuously improve credit knowledge and expertise
- Building an effective working partnership with credit colleagues, to ensure appropriate management in the evaluation and execution of large structured transactions
- Ensure compliance with mandatory Risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational, legal risk and Financial Crime.
- Managing 'Early warning list' customers to reduce risk, ensuring proactive and timely referral to Credit and Business Support colleagues.
- Proactively contribute to embedding agreed change management initiatives in support of process and quality improvements & cost reductions
Essential experience/ qualifications/Skills
- Minimum qualification a University graduate
- Experience of working in a regulated (banking & financial services) environment
- Knowledge of the Bank's products, services and policies required to undertake the role
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation of income drivers.
- Appreciation of Investment Banking products and markets and fit with CB products.
- Working closely with cross-border teams across product, coverage and infrastructure
- Credit risk management expertise
- Local market knowledge and key players.
- Comprehensive understanding of the impact of economic environment on customer's needs and business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mandatory risk policies and procedures relating to credit conformance and regulatory, operational and legal risk.
- Prior relationship management experience in C&IB will be preferred
- Developed Business awareness-to include impact of general economic change on a Corporates business
- Strong product knowledge
- Analytical and numerate
- Presentation, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Customer Service focused and attention to detail
- Communications and influence
- Service excellence
- Drive for results
- Relationship / partnership approach
- Orientation to learn
- Problem solving / decision making
- Quality / high standards & controls
- Corporate/ entrepreneurial
- Technical skills and knowledge
- Planning & organising
- Detailed knowledge of the core products and specialist products offered by the team and services offered by other areas of the Barclays Group
- Detailed knowledge of the Chinese corporate landscape, and understanding of key participants in the market.
- An ability to identify opportunities where liaison with product specialists across the Group would produce a multi-product integrated solution for the customer
- Good understanding of the policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the team's customer base
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the industry/sector
- In depth business awareness and specific industry/country/International awareness
- Awareness of legislation affecting the Bank and customers
- Understanding of impact and implementation of marketing and sponsorship activity
- Experience of winning new business, being proactive
- Ability to network effectively both internally and externally and maintain/develop relationships with key figures in the business community.
- Likely to have previously undertaken a role with customer contact in a similar market place for at least 2 years developing business awareness
- Jobholder will have a broad understanding of corporate business and financial issues and have demonstrable experience that such knowledge has successfully been used in a sales environment
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .