Regulatory Reporting Specialist
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 18 Feb 18
Are you passionate about varied analysis and reporting? Are you detail oriented, even when multitasking? We are looking for someone who can help us to support the APAC Group Shareholder Reporting (GSP) team to ensure we continue to fulfil UBS's regulatory disclosure obligation for reporting its aggregated shareholdings towards regulatory authorities, stock exchanges as well as issuers.
Your role would primarily require to:
- perform oversight and quality reviews of daily position monitoring and disclosure submission in accordance with substantial shareholding for APAC (ex Japan), Takeover Panel Reporting (HK and Singapore) and Australia Investment Bank Short positions reporting as per the reporting obligations
- oversight the conflict clearance and statutory reporting requests from issuers and/or agents, manage foreign ownerships limits/trade approvals and provide advisory services to the business
- conduct review of regulatory reporting requirements to ensure compliance with regulation in each jurisdictions
- escalate issues or red flags identified, which may result late or incorrect regulatory submission to the regional head for resolution and remediation
- participate in system enhancement IT and support of the process improvement projects
- partner, educate and train the offshore team who support the GSP processes as required
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You will be part of the broader Group Risk Control organisation, located in Hong Kong or Singapore. The
GSP team is primarily responsible for monitoring & reporting UBS AG's substantial shareholding positions as stipulated for the respective APAC jurisdictions. Failure to fulfil this obligation can lead to the incurring fines, regulatory sanction, reputational damage and the curtailing of some of our business activities. You can be working on multiple APAC jurisdictions or processes at same time.
Opportunities will be provided on projects, improving processes efficiency and reducing risks.
Your experience and skills
- a university degree
- a passion for data gathering and information sharing
- relevant experience in substantial shareholder reporting and takeover panel reporting or banking operations experience with knowledge on financial products
- good English communication & writing skills (knowledge of Korean or Chinese languages are welcome)
- computer literacy skills with expertise on MS excel and knowledge in VBA is an advantage
- a team player and multitasker, who is comfortable working independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- a proactive, enthusiastic individual with strong analytical and communication skills
- client oriented with focus on service quality
- possess a questioning mind-set and challenges the status quo
- a keen eye for detail and enjoys overcoming obstacles and challenges
What we offer
Together. Thatâ€™s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.