Regulatory Reporting Software Engineer (12-month Fixed-Term Contractor)
This role is intended to be for an initial term of approximately 12 months only, however, subject to business needs, the contract may be extended or converted to permanent employment.
In launching your career in our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a Regulatory Reporting Software Engineer for the Cross-asset Technology team, you are expected to be familiar with Agile methodology and have a good understanding of SDLC within the Regulatory Reporting Team based in Hong Kong and partnering with teams globally. You will also be responsible for all aspects of systems development and testing, ensuring compatibility with enterprise and solutions architecture.
The responsibilities for this role consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaising with the APAC business (Finance / Corporate Controllers, Product Controllers) stakeholders and technology counterparts in all Lines of Business across the globe during the Requirements, Development, Testing, Implementation & Post-production phase of the project.
- Preparing technical specifications.
- Performing technical development/coding including setup of Regulatory Reporting application.
- Preparing and executing test cases to ensure the quality of deliverables in every testing cycles.
- Developing a good understanding of End to End business processes.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 2 of more years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency in Java and/or Python.
- Working proficiency in functional and technical design of Regulatory Reporting applications.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and the ability to work on their own initiative while being a strong team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and with tact and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel.