Regulatory Project Manager - Banking Operations Hong Kong
The Responsibilities Include
Profile Required Technical Skills
- Gather requirements from a wide-array of stakeholders (Regulators, FO, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Finance, Risk, IT, etc);
- Participate to industry working groups (ISDA, ASIFMA...)
- Contribute to the design and/or enhancement of business and system processes;
- Conduct a gap analysis and impact analysis;
- Drive the design of business and technology solutions and/or contribute to the development of requirements;
- Write Business Requirements Documents and test cases;
- Syndicate and validate solutions proposals with a wide-array of stakeholders;
- Define/Follow-up on development plans and implementation, anticipate and mitigate risks, drive issue resolution and escalate issues and blocking points;
- Perform UATs and organize/conduct UAT sessions with stakeholders;
- Define and drive standard PM/BA practices across REG team.
- Lead/coach junior BA throughout project delivery.
- Be able to manage the project reporting of own projects and the projects managed by other REG PM/BA.
- Enhance and maintain transversal artifacts created as part of the documentation base for the Program;
- Develop and extend knowledge of the regulatory rules and associated solutions.
- Knowledge of/experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of/experience with OTC Derivatives and Listed Derivatives products
- Knowledge of OTC Regulations especially on Reporting, Margining, Clearing, Risk Mitigation, Trading Obligation or Security Financing
- Knowledge of/experience with Trading / Lifecycle Event / Reporting / Operation
- Knowledge of/experience in Project Management and Business Analyst
- Understanding of Software Development lifecycles and Agile methodology
- Use of Microsoft Office tools with ease, including Visio
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and communicate a wide variety of information
- Ability to break down a problem into constituent parts
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people on site as well as people in remote locations (APAC, Paris, London, New York)
- Ability to lead other PM/BA to achieve common goals.
- Analytical and Problem solving skills, disciplined person and has the ability to work on strict timescales.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organization skills
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-streams, dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing across numerous initiatives as well as ensure timely and robust delivery
- Good communicator and attention to the details
- Strong and clear communication (verbal and written), ability to adjust communication style to audience
Prior Work Experience
- Degree in Finance, Information Systems, Technology or another related field
- Significant regulatory transformation experience
- Banking/Investment/Financial services experience
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience working as PM/BA and Team Leader for a Top Tier Investment Bank
- Experience in any of the following fields: reporting, clearing, collateral, trading, risk management, OTC derivative products
- Strong delivery record - to challenging time-scales
- Proven ability to lead teams and leverage this for maximum efficiency
Business Insight Purpose of the Role
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a "can-do" attitude and passion for delivery of high quality solutions
- Strong client/business focus
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities.
The candidate will report to G20 Reforms & Target Reporting Manager and will manage projects mainly on Operational Regulatory Reporting. She/he will work in close relation with APAC/Paris/London/New York teams.
Hong Kong-based Project Manager to work on different streams of the Regulatory Reporting for operational reports in APAC regions including India, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, HK, etc. Coordinating different application teams from distinct systems; liaising closely with business users, legal, compliance, finance, risk, operation, technology teams, regulators, industry bodies and thirdparty service providers; managing delivery from consultation, inception to completion and be part of a global governance.
The candidate must have experience in managing large scale regulatory projects with practical knowledge of defining business cases, resource planning, requirement gathering, implementation, milestone tracking, test planning, risk mitigation, other project management skill sets. The successful candidate will be capable of performing detailed business analysis/scoping (either on their own or through a team of analysts) in order to understand and resolve current issues and develop/define the future state vision. This will require the individual to influence at senior levels, while also being skilled at extracting requirements from subject matter experts (Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, Sales, Trading and IT Applications). The successful candidate will be able to lead/coach junior BA to deliver projects, as well as other PM/BA to achieve common goals.
Hands-on approach with strong functional/technical/regulatory background. Experience working closely with IT and operation teams is paramount. Exceptional communication skills and strong influencing skills: the ability to drive through change.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000SFU
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 15/11/2019
Date of publication: 16/10/2019