Regulatory Business Analyst - Banking Operations Hong Kong
The Responsibilities Include:
Profile Required Technical Skills
- Gather requirements from a wide-array of stakeholders (Regulators, FO, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Finance, Risk, IT, etc);
- Participate to industry working groups (ISDA, ASIFMA...)
- Contribute to the design and/or enhancement of business and system solution and/or processes;
- Conduct a gap analysis and impact analysis;
- Write Business Requirements Documents and test cases;
- Syndicate and validate solutions proposals with a wide-array of stakeholders;
- Define/Follow-up on analysis and test plan, and escalate issues and blocking points;
- Perform UATs and organize/conduct UAT sessions with stakeholders;
- Be able to manage the requirements/testing logs;
- Develop and extend knowledge of the regulatory rules and associated solutions.
- Knowledge of/experience in the financial industry
- Knowledge of/experience with OTC Derivatives products
- Knowledge of OTC Regulations especially Reporting, Margining, Clearing, Risk Mitigation, Trading Obligation or Security Financing
- Knowledge of/experience with Trading / Lifecycle Event / Reporting / Clearing / Collateral Management
- Knowledge of/experience in Business Analyst
- Understanding of Software Development lifecycles and Agile methodology
- Use of Microsoft Office tools with ease, including Visio
- Ability to assimilate, analyze and communicate a wide variety of information
- Ability to break down a requirement into constituent parts
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people on site as well as people in remote locations (APAC, Paris, London, New York)
- Analytical and Problem solving skills, disciplined person and has the ability to work on strict timescales.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong organization skills
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work-streams, dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing across numerous initiatives as well as ensure timely and robust delivery
- Good communicator and attention to the details
- Strong and clear communication (verbal and written), ability to adjust communication style to audience
Prior Work Experience
- Degree in Finance, Information Systems, Technology or another related field
- Regulatory transformation experience
- Banking/Investment/Financial services experience
- 2+ years of work experience
- Experience working as BA for a Top Tier Investment Bank
- Experience in any of the following fields: reporting, clearing, collateral, trading, risk management, OTC derivative products
- Strong delivery record - to challenging time-scales
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders from various departments and leverage this for maximum efficiency
Business Insight Purpose Of Role
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a "can-do" attitude and passion for delivery of high quality solutions
- Strong client/business focus
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities.
The candidate will report to G20 Reforms & Target Reporting Manager and will manage projects mainly on OTC transformation program. She/he will work in close relation with APAC/Paris/London/New York teams.
Hong Kong-based Business Analysis to work on different streams of the OTC transformation program including Reporting, Margining, Clearing, Risk Mitigation, Trading Obligation or Security Financing. Coordinating different application teams from distinct systems; liaising closely with business users, legal, compliance, finance, risk, operation, technology teams, regulators, industry bodies and thirdparty service providers; managing delivery from consultation, inception to completion and be part of a global governance.
The candidate should have experience as business analyst in medium scale projects with practical knowledge of requirement gathering and analysis, test planning and execution, other business analyst skill sets. The successful candidate will be capable of transforming regulatory requirements to business requirements and then testing the implementation with end users. This will require the individual to interact with stakeholders at different levels of seniorities, while also being skilled at extracting requirements from subject matter experts (Operations, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk, Sales, Trading and IT Applications).
Hands-on approach with functional/technical/regulatory background. Experience working closely with IT and operation teams is paramount. Exceptional communication skills and strong presentation skills: the ability to drive the stakeholders.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000TA2
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 24/11/2019
Date of publication: 11/11/2019