Regional Test Manager IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced Test Manager with 10+ years testing and systems implementation experience to support the Director of the IFRS 17 Programme in ensuring successful testing and delivery of a highly complex IFRS 17 solution.
- Responsible for managing test phases including SIT, UAT, E2E testing for the IFRS 17 Programme
- Devise and socialize a Programme Test Strategy which will define the overall test approach
- Responsible for day-to-day testing activities and ownership of deliverables and onshore and offshore test resources
- Manage key testing deliverables including detailed test plans, test schedules, test scenarios, test cases and scripts with traceability to requirements
- Perform test analysis to ensure that business requirements are met and suitable test processes are in place to verify and validate them
- Identify the test coverage of the scripts and prioritize them understanding the business impact.
- Responsible for management of test results and analysis as well as defect management
- Development of clear and concise test status reports to programme leadership and key stakeholders
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the Business Finance solution platform
- Expert quality assurance of the testing methodology of IFRS 17 solution components in order to maintain the integrity of entry and exit of test phases
- Provide best of breed test automation solutions where applicable, particularly for regression testing
- Responsible for Performance Testing across a variety of the IFRS 17 application types
- Work with key stakeholders from the business particularly during UAT phases across Actuarial, Finance and IT
- Support members of the management team and project stakeholders in the testing process.
- Must have 10+ years' experience in testing with at least 5 years of test management experience
- Experience in SIT, UAT and Performance Test Management preferably at a regional level where multiple geographies are in scope.
- Specialist in Finance Systems Implementation
- Data Testing Experience in ETL and Data warehousing
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17 knowledge would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential
- Experience of functional testing analysis and business system process analysis within financial accounting and regulatory reporting domain
- Has good attention to detail, able to work within tight deadlines and within high pressure environments
- Strong leadership experience to manage internal teams, offshore teams and vendors of various cultures and nationalities within the APAC region
- Proven evidence of strong communication skills used to successfully lead, coordinate and conclude business discussion sessions
- Ability to initiate and drive discussions with key stakeholders to effective conclusion
- Capable of organising and managing day to day activities/initiatives for self & team independently
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian language is desirable)
- Willing to travel (although not extensively)