Regional Solution Architect IFRS
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced and seasoned professional with 8-10 years' insurance finance, technology and change experience, to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution. Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the overall IFRS 17 solution design (data, systems, process, people, controls) will enable the required IFRS 17 outcomes and that this can be evidenced
- Responsible for ensuring the required level of standardization / consistency exists across all of the LBU IFRS 17 solutions to enable adherence to IFRS 17 standards across all PCA LBUs. This includes establishing and managing appropriate regional solution governance (e.g. review and approval for all LBU IFRS 17 solution designs)
- Responsible for managing the Solution Design and Outcome workstream which includes the Accounting and Actuarial design leads
- Responsible for managing the Solution Authority, the regional governance body responsible for the overall solution design
- Responsible for liaising with key Finance, Actuarial and IT stakeholders and developing a solution that all parties support
- jResponsible for ensuring that there is appropriate connectivity with the Technical workstream and governance so that all technical papers / changes incorporate an accurate solution impact section and this is actively factored into the decision making
- Responsible for ensuring suitable technical representation on Solution Authority to ensure all design proposals / changes align to Group / PCA interpretations
- Responsible for developing a joined up detailed solution design view and for putting in place relevant program structures and controls to ensure all of the design elements can be traced through from requirements to deployed solution
- A strong leader with a proven track record on large scale projects, focussing on developing managing and controlling the end to end solution design so that it delivers against the IFRS17 outcomes and can evidence this
- At least 12-14 years of experience in insurance finance technology and change projects, such as Insurance finance IT delivery, Insurance Finance Change management or life insurance consulting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17; Solvency II knowledge would be beneficial. Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable. Knowledge of relevant existing business processes and insurance finance closing processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential. Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian languages desirable) Willing to travel (although not extensively)