Regional Production Engineer, 1 year contract
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description
Our award winning, corporate and investment banking client is looking for an experienced WIN Regional Production Engineer to join the ITO team due to team expansion.
- Monitors and maintains the performance and availability of the WIN Transit Infrastructure in Region. Acts as the main point of contact in Region for any major operational subjects and incidents.
- Develops a strong relationship and acquires a strong understanding of the Regional businesses, of their operational requirements and constraints to guaranty the service provided at the expected level
- Gathers all business requirements, defines, documents and communicates solutions to the appropriate parties and Implements or oversees implementation of those solutions with the central team
- Understands the Regional business requirements, translates them and elaborates in coordination with the central engineering teams suitable technical solutions in line with the WIN Infrastructure standards.
- Understands the Regional businesses technology roadmaps and digital transformation plans. Anticipates Business requirements and factors those requirements in the WIN Infrastructure roadmaps and transformation plans.
- Participates to engineering workshops and guaranties major projects and roadmaps are aligned with Regional constraints and business Roadmaps
- Works with the central Architecture and engineering teams to define WIN Infrastructure Mid-term and Long-term roadmaps and Architectures
- Participates in coordination with the Central architecture team to various initiatives such as Proof of Concepts, evaluations and tests. Assures those initiatives are coherent with the Regional constraints.
- Has a strong knowledge of the standard catalogue of products and assures responses to business requirements are built with the appropriate list of Hardware to maintain the quality of the service provided.
- Has a strong knowledge of the Telecom providers in Region and maintains a strong relationship with the providers to ensure that responses to business requirements are built with the most appropriate Telecom solution, in terms, of technology, price and third party service.
- Provides the IT Service Delivery manager with all the required details for him to quote businesses for their projects, manage the Regional resources occupation and the dispatch of activities amongst all the production resources.
- Minimum 5 years exposure to telecom carrier technologies, cisco platforms (7600, 6500, 7200, ISR ASR, 3560, 3750, 4948) and routing protocols (MPLS-VPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS)
- Minimum 5 years in Network Design or Network Architecture in WAN environments
- Has an expert knowledge of the LAN/WAN Protocols such as TCP, UDP, MPLS, QoS, BGP, IS-IS and OSPF
- Has experience in troubleshooting complex problems and analysing troubleshooting data (Pcaps, netflow, syslogs, monitoring systems)
- Has an good knowledge of the Telecom providers both domestic and Wholesale in Region, and has experience working with them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including fluency in English
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.