Regional Process and Controls Lead IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced and seasoned Process and Controls Lead with 10 - 12 years' insurance finance, process design, and systems implementation experience to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution.
- Responsible for the socialisation and adoption of the detailed process design across 13 Asian LBUs for the to-be IFRS 17 Financial Reporting process which meets the required working day timetable
- Responsible for the design of the detailed Regional Consolidation and Reporting process and working day timetable
- Formulate and adapt solutions to current process challenges across the 13 LBUs and at Regional Head Office
- Responsible for the controls framework design for the future Regional IFRS 17 Financial Reporting process to ensure compliance
- Conduct interviews and workshops with LBU stakeholders to design and socialise the end-to-end processes
- Work with stakeholders to identify process improvement opportunities, and future ways of working
- Work closely with the project team, including the Data, Systems, Accounting and Actuarial work streams where the delivery of improvement opportunities requires multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Monitor and quantify the impact / benefits of process improvement opportunities
- Build and manage relationships with key local contacts / stakeholders
- Provide insight on industry practices, and regional considerations to LBUs to facilitate project deliverables
- A strong leader with a proven track record on large scale projects, focussing on process design, scaling and socializing regionally designed and developed frameworks within a highly complex hierarchy/functional organisation across multiple jurisdictions.
- At least 10-12 years of experience in insurance finance technology and change projects, such as Insurance finance IT delivery, Insurance Finance Change management or life insurance consulting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17; Solvency II knowledge would be beneficial. Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable.
- Knowledge of relevant existing finance processes and financial close management is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian languages desirable)
- Willing to travel (although not extensively) University graduate