Regional Manager, Facilities Management and Workplace Services
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- T. Rowe Price International
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the provision of Facilities Management (FM) and Workplace Services (WS) at our Hong Kong (HK) location and have responsibility for these services across the wider Asia Pacific (APAC) region, ensuring optimal building and workplace performance, compliance with regulatory requirements as well as TRP procedures, and management of capital and operating budgets to carry out work.
Secondarily, the incumbent is a recognized real estate and facilities management professional and acts as the Regional ambassador for the broader CREWS organization and, as such, is the regional point of contact for all CREWS matters, including Real Estate, Workplace Strategy, Workplace Solutions, Workplace Services and Business Management functional areas.
1. Responsible for the provision of Facilities Management (FM) services in the HK Office. The incumbent ensures that the HK office facilities and mission critical spaces supporting the operation are planned, managed, maintained and operated in a safe, sustainable, and cost-effective manner such that the firm’s associates, business operations and physical assets are protected and functioning at optimally. Ensures compliance with local regulations and follows TRP Facilities Management policies and procedures. Compiles reports, and ensures systems, records and data are maintained as appropriate. Manages helpdesk provision and is local escalation point of contact for associates, vendors/suppliers and consultants. Directs work of on-site and variable team of associates & vendors. Works closely with landlord’s representatives to ensure TRP facilities are provided and maintained to the expected highest standard and actively participates in tenants’ meetings to ensure that any landlord activities are acceptable to TRP. Works in co-ordination with the Health and Safety (H&S) Manager, and collaborates with TRP nominated H&S consultant to prepare and provide building and facilities related records. Additionally, ensures Facilities vendors health and safety procedures are up to date, implemented, with appropriate records maintained. Ensures building audits are carried out and any issues recorded and addressed.
The incumbent manages and develops staff, providing feedback and guidance to associates relating to their performance and career aspirations. Sets expectations and effectively coaches associates to develop and enhance skills to meet them.
2. Responsible for the provision of Workplace Services (WS) in the HK Office.
The incumbent is responsible for collaborating with peer associates in Workplace Services globally, to develop strategies, plans and systems that create a remarkable experience for associates, clients and guests as they enter our buildings and physical office locations. Inclusive of:
- Reception Services – Responsible for the on-site reception function and oversight of shared meeting & conference room space to ensure it is serviced appropriately and reflects TRP best practice by leveraging the existing services in London as required. Develops trains and deploys policies and procedures surrounding associate, client and guest greeting etiquette for the site and region. Ensures visitor management system is in place that delivers a smooth visitor experience whilst complying with Security and compliance data control requirements.
- Mail Services The incumbent is responsible for the delivery of mail services to the on-site population in the region, ensuring that the resources, systems, policies, and procedures are in place and respond to associate requirements for the delivery of mail, the changing industry landscape, as well as aligned with the goals of the Firm.
- Concierge Services. The incumbent develops and deploys concierge level services that support associates in location and region. Develops plans to receive associate feedback and competitive landscape to develop inventory of desirable, appropriate and viable services to recommend for adoption. Once deployed, work with other Workplace Services areas and TRP Shared Services to cross promote services, seeking to drive participation and engage. Evaluate and manage effectiveness of deployed concierge services and make adjustments as required.
3. Responsible for the provision of FM and WS in the APAC Region. Acts as the CREWS point of contact for the region, responsible for coordinating all Facilities Management and workplace services across all APAC offices, working closely with the local, Office Managers and Facilities Management vendors to ensure services are appropriately resourced and provided. Compiles reviews and manages FM/WS budget for the Region including invoicing workflow. Collaborates with the firm’s Enterprise Risk as regional Business Continuity Process (BCP) coordinator and is an integral part of the regional Incident Command Team.
4. Regional ambassador of Corporate Real Estate & Workplace Services. The incumbent is a recognized corporate real estate and facilities management professional in region. Collaborates with in-region key departmental liaisons, business unit leaders and shared service functions to understand issues and requirements to support a growing and changing organization across a multi-site operation. Collaborates with global peers in CREWS to ensure alignment on requirements and delivery of services and solutions, including space needs forecasting, real estate transactions, portfolio planning, workplace strategy, space planning and management, office, fit-outs/reconfigurations, office relocations, and, , construction. Project management.
Bachelor’s degree with 6-7 years of experience or 10+ years relevant experience
5 years management experience
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a highly pressurized work environment
- Ability to effectively manage change
- Ability to communicate with all levels within an organization
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Ability to build strong controls and processes
- Facilities Management/Real Estate knowledge across APAC Region
- Member of Facilities Management or Real Estate professional body (BIFM IFM FMA RICS etc)
- Facilities Management or Real Estate Qualification preferred
- Financial industry knowledge