Regional IT Infrastructure Governance Lead IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA) and 13 Local Business Units. It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a experienced and seasoned Testing Manager with 8-10 years' insurance finance, technology and solution Testing, to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution.
- Responsible for working with the regional technology team to drive regional IT infrastructure delivery for IFRS 17 project for developing, test, and production environments. In particular,
- Responsible for understanding the designed Business and IT Architecture and provide expertise on the impact to the infrastructure
- Responsible for understanding how potential changes in the Business and IT Architecture would impact the infrastructure and arrange necessary options and solutions
- Act as region wide point of contact for all infrastructure matters regarding IFRS 17 implementation project so that status, plans, approaches and learnings are understood in each LBU
- Responsible for providing guidance to LBUs in infrastructure matters that ensure effective delivery of project outcomes.
- Build and manage relationships with key local contacts / stakeholders
- Work with the Director of IFRS 17, and RHO PMO, to assist with infrastructure status reporting, risk and issue management, plan and approach communication, budgetary estimates/actuals as required, and provide input to regional dashboard reporting; (including status reporting, budget/resource tracking, RAID and delivery issues)
- Co-ordinate with IT infrastructure Vendors to make sure ensure the successful delivery of the IFRS 17 project
- Defining the future governance process in alliance with all relevant stakeholders and existing PCA governance processes
- Define the necessary bodies to execute the governances
- Support in Implementing the governance regionally and locally
- A strong leader with a proven track record on large scale projects, focussing on project governance, scaling and socializing regionally designed and developed frameworks within a highly complex hierarchy/functional organisation across multiple jurisdictions.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in infrastructure delivery in the insurance industry Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred. A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17 would be beneficial.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable. Knowledge of relevant business processes is beneficial.
- General understanding of involved systems Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, would be an asset but not essential.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian languages desirable)
- Willing to travel
- University graduate