We are looking for an exceptional technology manager to join us in Hong Kong to lead the Calypso development team. The Calypso development team works closely with all the major departments involved in the FICC and EQD business, including Front Office, Operations, Production Control, Finance, Risk Management, etc, to deliver solutions, resolve problems, provide technical advice, and develop new features.
We adopt a full-stack approach to development and oversees the business needs from front to back. We work in tandem with our counter-parties in other regions and in other departments. The successful candidates will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced and multicultural environment. They would be intellectually challenged to find creative solutions for problems, improve performance, and reduce operational costs for the business.
- Lead the team for Calypso delivery including development, enhancement, requirement gathering to meet business needs
- Manage the design and review of the trading systems and other related configurations on the production environment, to ensure that they run optimally and reliably
- Keep track of issues escalated by the TechOps/Support team to the development team and ensure they are followed up and analyzed. Raise tickets to the vendor to request patches and follow up with them on delivery.
- Manage the Calypso version upgrade project, to be started later this year
- Manage the testing of Calypso patches and ensure that the test environments are maintained properly
- Ensure the team follow the processes for version control, continuous integration and release management
- Keep record and documents on design, support, user manuals and operation procedures
- Mentor and guide junior developers via design reviews and pair programming
- Manage the relationship with the vendor and ensure that proper commercial agreements are in place. Also, keep track of the budget related to the vendor software and manage any required procurement of services, users licenses or modules
Skills and Experience:
- At least 15 years of experience in software development
- Proven experience developing with ANY 3rd party/vendor trading system (Calypso, Murex, Fidessa, Misys/Summit, Sungard, etc.)
- Strong development experience in Java and related technologies (J2EE, app servers, spring, web development)
- Track record of leading a technical team
- At least 5 years of experience in Equity Derivatives/FICC systems development
- At least 5 years of experience in managing financial systems used for P&L calculation, risk management, trade booking and settlement
- Good understanding of the financial market and Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Interest Rates products, etc
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of automated unit testing frameworks and best practices
- Proficiency of enterprise infrastructure, basic knowledge of network, and practical experience of configurations for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Good communication and people management skills
- Project/program management skills
- Very strong attention to details
- Fast learner and self-motivated
- Past experience in Calypso systems is an advantage but not required
- Experience with market data and reference data
- Proficiency in Angular framework or other recent HTML5 frameworks
- Hands-on with Python and other scripting languages
- Familiar with Agile development artifacts and best practices.
Educational / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honor (or equivalent) or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an IT related discipline from a prestigious institution
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Regional Head of Calypso Development - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Senior Python/Golang Cloud Monitoring Developer/SRE - Global Investment Bank
2) Channel Applications Technology Head - Leading Bank
3) Reporting Data Support (Accounting / Actuarial) - Leading Insurance Group