- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Jan 18
Regional HR Advisor, Corporate and Investment Banking
Regional HR Advisor, Corporate and Investment Banking
- Primary Location: HK,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17004812
This position is part of the Corporate and Investment Banking Regional Human Resources team. The incumbent will act as an internal consultant on a broad range of people issues to an allocated client group, for which they will have a clear understanding of the business objectives and strategies. The main purpose of this role is to partner with the Corporate and Investment Banking business, to facilitate the regional people strategy and initiatives.
To be effective for the position, the incumbent must act as a strategic business partner, build significant trust and credible working relationships with the business.
The incumbent will focus on high-level strategic people issues of all types, such as setting multi-year engagement/talent agenda, and generally serving as a key advisor on any major issues related to HR.
Through challenging and coaching their senior client(s), the role will raise leadership effectiveness and capability. The incumbent will develop long-term, multi-year relationships as a trusted advisor.
The incumbent will be a strategic partner and change agent alongside senior leaders, helping them to develop and execute the people dimensions of their business strategy.
Key Responsibilities: The incumbent will work proactively with the assigned business units in recruitment, training, people development, performance management, retention, succession planning, employee satisfaction, and recognition programs to ensure the success of business initiatives.
Talent and Organizational Development:
- Develop multi-year strategic HR strategy to build the capability to deliver on that strategy
- Engage on all issues pertaining to the people agenda as part of the clients' senior leadership team
- Work with the senior leader to build capability in their team - with the individuals and the team as collective
- Build the capability of the senior team and the requisite conditions for change management
- Work with the heads of business divisions and functions to assess employees' potential for future roles
- Support the development of senior leaders to aspire to future roles (i.e., providing coaching, mentoring, mobility opportunities, and nominating to training programs)
- Facilitate delivery of their clients' annual talent review
- Creation of the workforce plan / pipeline that comes from the business / people strategy
- Understand how the talent makeup and trends in the market impacts their workforce plan
- Assessment of hires for the business
- Negotiate compensation/onboarding packages for all hires
- Understand the knowledge, skills, behaviors that are necessary to build mid-long range capability in their business, turn this into a core component of their Human Capital strategy - identifying specific competence gaps in the organization
- Deliver coaching / interventions to build capability of the senior leader /leadership team
- Assist business on any material ER issue
- Partner with BU management to maintain/improve a positive ER environment for the business
- Ensure progress on Regional level business unit Diversity Goals
- Develop strategies to improve overall employee engagement and manager capability
- Advise on goal cascade in order that performance plans match strategic business plans
- Advise/lead on skills capability gap analysis and partner on solutions to close gap - i.e. hiring, development, retraining
- Partner regional management teams through performance calibration and senior (MD/D Promotion process)
- Coach business to differentiate rewards by employee performance (i.e., push the notion of meritocracy)
- Partner with the reward team to ensure that total reward strategies align to business strategy
- Partner on year end compensation process, to ensure spread of money meets strategic goals (i.e. pool methodology)
- Partner with the business through the annual D/MD promotion process
- Understands and proactively manages risk and compliance in respective area of responsibility.
- Appropriately assesses risk/reward relationships when making business decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field/equivalent required.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources with exposure to and demonstrated competence in all functional areas.
- Well versed in multiple facets of Human Resources with prior experience administering policies and practices, preferably in a global and/or matrix financial institution.
- Strong in MS Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong client focus and be able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence
- Strong change management skills, i.e., comfortable with uncertainty, ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Solutions-focused, able to sort through information and develop concise and clear solutions quickly
- Detail oriented with a logical and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Able to manage high volume workload and have a flexible approach