Regional Financial Controller (Insurance Industry)
- 250,000+ per annum USD
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Lincoln HR Group Singapore Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 15S7787
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
You are overall in charge of the regional Finance and Accounting function for the APAC region. Position is based in Hong Kong.
- Perform P&L and Balance Sheet analytical reviews to provide assurance of the financials based on the insurance business understanding
- Support the divisional and Group strategic decision-making processes and achievement of reporting obligations.
- Manage and facilitate process improvements, providing insight on financial accounting & reporting tools, guiding financial team and implementing efficient financial processes.
- Develop the Company’s accounting policies and procedures in line with the statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Oversee the accounting operations, including the month-end closing process, financial reporting and cash management.
- Ensure tax compliance, develop and manage tax planning strategies for the Company.
- Monitor and analyse financial policies and procedures, evaluate performance trends, identify inefficiencies and recommend and strategic remediation for sustainable performance.
- Provide support to business initiatives ensuring proper governance within the accounting requirements framework
- Ensure compliance integrity of all financial information with local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
- Manage, lead and motivate a team to ensure the overall output and quality of the service provided by the team meets customer expectations.
- University degree/ Master's degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics.
- 15+ years’ experience in a senior financial managerial position for large corporation.
- Regional exposure to the insurance business is a MUST.
- Good knowledge of accounting and taxation framework in the APAC region.
- CPA or CFA candidates preferred
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluency in Cantonese and English
- Candidate must be willing to be based in Hong Kong.