Regional Data Lead IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced and seasoned professional with at least 8-10 years' insurance finance, technology and change experience, to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of regionalized data transformation and storage capabilities to support delivery of the IFRS 17 Solution.
- Clear definition of control handovers and interfaces between local and regional responsibilities
- Close interaction with Regional Test Lead to ensure well managed testing between regional and local areas of the solution
- Assisting LBUs and their data leads with development approaches, designs and strategies to be leveraged locally.
- Monitoring and advising on building, testing and roll-out of data activities.
- Support assessment/analysis of current methodology data to inform solution design and feed into project deliverables (e.g. Playbooks)
- Act as region wide point of contact for all matters regarding IFRS 17 Data, so that status, plans, approaches and learnings are understood in each LBU
- Build and manage relationships with key local contacts / stakeholders
- Provide insight on industry practices, vendor capabilities and regional considerations to LBUs to facilitate project deliverables.
- Liaison with IT architectural design council
- Liaison with IFRS 17 transition workstream to ensure smooth handling of Transition workstream outputs.
- Liaise with Director of IFRS 17 and RHO technical Workstream to ensure that business requirements, accounting needs and actuarial methodology are captured correctly and effectively delivered to the extent possible by the data regional solution
- Design and implementation of governance and data quality controls covering regionally and locally implemented data processes relating to IFRS 17
- Work with the Director of IFRS 17, and RHO PMO, to assist with DSP status reporting, risk and issue management, plan and approach communication, budgetary estimates/actuals as required, and provide input to regional dashboard reporting; (including status reporting, budget/resource tracking, RAID and delivery issues)
- Support the Director of IFRS 17 and all other Solution Design leads to ensure the successful delivery of the IFRS 17 project, and transition to BAU data activities
- Liaise with RHO PMO and LBU (and GHO, as required) to facilitate the successful delivery of the IFRS 17 implementation across the regio
- A strong leader with a proven track record on large scale projects, focussing on finance and actuarial data, data governance, scaling and socializing regionally designed and developed frameworks within a highly complex hierarchy/functional organisation across multiple jurisdictions.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in insurance finance technology and change projects, such as Insurance finance IT delivery, insurance data or life insurance consulting. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17; Solvency II knowledge would be beneficial. Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable. Knowledge of relevant existing business processes is beneficial. Knowledge of Azure data platforms and processes, experience of regional and federated data programmes Knowledge of Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English Willing to travel (although not extensively) University graduate