Regional Business Risk Management, Retail Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Support Regional BRM Head to facilitate the implementation of BRM led projects in the region
• Liaise with country teams in implementing Business Risks projects to meet relevant regulatory and internal requirements.
• Provide guidance and advice in the course of business for addressing and managing the Business Risks in rolling out mitigation projects
• Timely identification, escalation and resolution of Business Risks related risks and issues
• Support Regional Business Risks Management Head and Regional RB COO team to facilitate regional governance forums
• Provide timely MIS/management update to the regional and/or group project teams
• Work with respective business BRM teams in escalating/ tracking/ monitoring risk exposures out of the initiatives / projects roll out
• Support the Regional BRM head in planning for regional peer reviews, in consideration of emerging risks, risk themes and trends arising; conduct peer reviews in line with plans
Our Ideal Candidate
• Working experience in risk management and control covering operational risk, compliance risk, conduct risk, financial crime risk or information and cyber security risk,, including audit in Banking and Financial services
• Previous experience in successfully implementing projects is desirable.
• Strong knowledge of Retail Business related product processes and operations is desirable.
• Ability to clearly, concisely and accurately communicate complex process risk to general stakeholders in a lucid way
• Strong communication and interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, across various levels in the organization including senior leadership teams to drive for key decisions making
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .