Regional Business Operational Risk Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Responsible for understanding the business strategy and its implications for the operational risk management role
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness of the wider business, economic and market environment.
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes, and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation with support from SORO and respective risk owners
- Responsible for supporting COO initiatives, drove adoption of initiatives at the country level
People and Talent
- Responsible for being key escalation contact for the business on operational incidents and queries and a subject matter expert for risk management
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country and with other operational risk managers to increase sharing of key learnings and best practices
- Responsible for ensuring quality of information recorded in the risk tracking system, as well as ensuring accuracy, completeness of data, driving the timely resolution of outstanding actions
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external audit reviews relating to the area of business - liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely / accurate information is provided
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct.
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant policies.
- Participate in periodic reviews and controls subject to business need, to ensure consistency of risk management approach and support the business in embedding best practices
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for the effective preparation on business risk forum
- Responsible for ensuring adequate governance and oversight over operational risk, through the escalation and appropriate resolution of relevant risk exposures
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to relevant stakeholders
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the first line of defence to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- HK local regulators: Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) and Securities and Futures Commission (SFC)
- Solid risk management experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.