- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Regional Business Information Security Officer, GCNA
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Regional Business Information Security Officer, GCNAAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
We are establishing a capability to successfully implement and embed the new Information and Cyber Security (ICS) Risk Type Framework (RTF) into GCNA countries. This newly created role will report to the Head of ICS, GCNA & HK within the ICS team under COO, GCNA & HK.
ICS Risk has recently been established as a Principal Risk Type within the Enterprise Risk Management Framework. The new ICS RTF seeks to bring consistency in approach and introduce operational structure to the identification and mitigation of ICS Risks. The RTF is based upon core ICS risk management and industry best practice frameworks and standards.
The ICS team under the COO, GCNA & HK is responsible to advise, implement and sustain the ICS RTF. The GCNA ICS 1st Line Risk Manager will support the Head of ICS, GCNA & HK to drive the adoption and implementation of the framework. This role will require hands on approach to understand, embed and guide the GCNA countries on the ICS RTF to maximise risk reduction and capability improvement, while meeting compliance and legal obligations, and minimising client impact. The role will require to have end-to-end view of all ICS activities with regular risk assessment, tracking, follow up and reporting at the relevant forums.
The GCNA ICS 1st Line Risk Manager will provide exceptional leadership and strong security risk framework knowledge to mobilise effort and commitment. They will maintain highly constructive and effective relationships with the business stakeholder plus also across other domains linked to this initiative.
This role is aligned to business and will need to work closely with the designated technology delivery teams to holistically address ICS risk. The GCNA ICS 1st Line Risk Manager is responsible for:
- Use risk management principles to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets and information systems are safeguarded in accordance with the bank's operating model and risk appetite.
- Execute a robust and efficient plan to rollout ICS RTF by working with key stakeholders including COOs/CIOs direct teams, ICS RTF Implementation Programme teams, Office of the CISO and Security technology teams. The plan will incorporate digital footprint discovery, risk assessment, definition and implementation of controls as guided by the ICS RTF and tailored to the relevant areas.
- Supporting the Head of ICS, GCNA & HK in the implementation of the ICS Risk framework including working with stakeholders to identify, assess and rate the information assets, build out the risk profile per the framework, initiate risk assessments and put together treatment plans
- Use qualitative and quantitative data sources to validate Key Control Domains (KCD) and associated controls, accelerate risk assessment process, validate business risk profile and develop action plans to remediate to bring ICS risk back into appetite.
- Follow up on identified thematic cyber issues, develop processes to address issues from re-occurrence and ensure cyber hygiene across the whole portfolio
- Provide regular status updates including progress, top risks and issues to the respective country and regional forums for the relevant domains. Track RAG status, key milestones, risks, dependencies and issues
- Interface with the Business and Country ICS Leads to assist with sharing of risk profiles, advising on cyber risk issues and addressing areas of concern
- Interface into Technology forums to ensure security technologies are operating with input from countries and be actively involved in the roadmap of these technologies by providing regional/country input
- Development of risk treatment plans for the assigned areas in conjunction with the business and technology teams. Interface with other areas to ensure dependencies are known and prioritised. Negotiate timelines to ensure proper remediation by maintaining support and organizational alignment
- Adapt to emerging and horizon risks and address issues to maximize outcomes. Urgent and timely action for risks and issues which adversely impact cyber risk profiles
- Re-planning and prioritising as required to maximise risk reduction
- Coordinate and plan for cyber crisis management exercises with Business Resilience to build up response and recovery capabilities, workarounds, ensure up to date playbooks etc.
- Lead and manage the Information Security Champions programme to raise general ICS awareness of the bank via staff communications, training and all relevant activities.
- Understand regulatory requirements on ICS in GCNA countries (e.g. C-RAF & iCAST in Hong Kong) and partner with group and local teams to ensure consistent information were reported to regulators.
- Assist with other cyber activities underway
- Ensure effective prioritisation and application of industry best practice into the ICS RTF and ICS country risk
- Identify changes to plan required in terms of additional components, reprioritisation to anticipate and respond to changes
- Learn from the recent regional and global cyber events and build into strategy to address current and emerging risks
- Maintain strong stakeholder engagement with other COO ICS teams, Chief Information Security Office (CISO) teams, ICS RTF Implementation Programme team and Security Technology Services (STS) team
- Establish and maintain working groups across domains to progress the framework roll out.
- Escalate appropriately to ensure Head of ICS, GCNA & HK is briefed and necessary decisions are made in a timely manner
- Support the Head of ICS, GCNA & HK on running periodic Risk Forums and ensuring proper rollout of the ICS RTF
- Assist with pulling together Risk papers going to various Risk committees within the region
- Manage and track actions coming out of various risk and compliance forums
- Manage the rollout of the ICS RTF professionally and efficiently, closely tracking timeline commitments for provision of information and action plans, and for validation of actions taken
- Ensure adoption of security tooling and capability to address ICS risk tactically and strategically
- Address and adopt response and recover capabilities and assist with cyber crisis management exercises, playbooks etc.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values, Valued Behaviours, and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head of ICS, GCNA & HK
- Country COO, ICS Heads, Risk, Governance and Control Heads in GCNA countries
- ICS RTF Implementation Programme - Accountable Executive and teams
- Chief Information Security Office and teams
- Security Technology Services and teams
- Operational Risk
- Compliance Risk
Keep abreast of any new developments in the ICS risk frameworks globally, participate in industry and external discussions (e.g. HKAB in Hong Kong)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Solid experience working across multiple security frameworks (e.g. NIST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS) and understanding and exposure to various regulatory requirements across global regulators (e.g. PRA, FCA, MAS, HKMA, RBI, NESA etc.)
- Experience in deployment and successful roll-out of risk frameworks across businesses with global footprint
- Experience in one or more key technology domains - Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data Protection, Vulnerability and Compliance Management, Network security, Security Incident Management etc.
- Experience in Cyber Crisis management, Response and Recovery activities etc.
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Ability to work independently to effect change across the countries and manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to execute on strategy with plan to influence senior stakeholders and decision makers to adopt cyber capabilities across their countries
- Proven ability to deliver complex, global, pan-bank initiatives by driving collaboration and participation across diverse set of stakeholders
- Extensive experience within security or risk function, ideally gained in the financial industry
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and relevant policies, procedures, and processes
- Ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open cooperative environment
- Stakeholder management, Negotiation skills, Conflict management, Decision-making and Team work
- Possess one or more security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, PCI-QSA, CSX etc.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.