Regional Actuarial Design & Outcome Lead IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced and seasoned professional with at least 8-10 years' insurance, actuarial technology and system change experience, to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution. Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Actuarial elements of the end to end solution design to enable the required IFRS 17 outcomes and that this can be evidenced
- To ensure the required level of standardization / consistency exists across all of the LBU IFRS 17 solutions (including but not limited to Prophet modelling, Prophet enterprise integration, CSM engine and related allocation component) to enable adherence to IFRS 17 standards across all PCA LBUs. This includes providing appropriate review and approval for all LBU IFRS 17 solution designs
- Responsible for being the Actuarial interface with the Technical Workstream which includes ensuring that all Regional technical interpretations of the standard (PTIC papers) have been impact assessed from a solution perspective and appropriately considered through the governance mechanisms
- Liaising with the other regional Solution leads to ensure that changes to the solution design are fully understood to enable their successful implementation
- Support the regional solution design lead in managing the PCA Solution Authority (the governance body for managing the control of the solution design across the LBUs )
- Working closely with the Regional Accounting Design Lead and Regional Solution Design Lead to evidence what is possible if accountants and actuaries work more closely together
- Responsible for IFRS 17 stakeholder management of key senior Actuarial stakeholder
- A strong influencer with an ability to manage multiple stakeholders senior stakeholders across different geographies and functions
- The person must have a broader finance outlook than just actuarial domain
- At least 8-10 years of experience in insurance actuarial technology and change projects, such as Solvency II technology & system delivery, Large scale actuarial system (Prophet or RAFM) transformation management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17; Solvency II knowledge would be beneficial. Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable.
- Knowledge of relevant existing business processes is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Prophet (from system and development perspective) is essential
- Knowledge of Prophet ALS and Prophet Enterprise would be an asset but not essential
- Knowledge of Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian languages desirable)
- Willing to travel (although not extensively)
- University graduate