Regional Accounting Design & Outcome Lead IFRS 17
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 will involve significant impact to the Data, Systems and Processes of Prudential Corporation Asia (PCA). It is important that these changes are designed, planned and implemented effectively such that the project's legacy is efficient, automated and scalable solutions that free and support staff in adding business value and generating insights. This role will require a highly experienced and seasoned professional with 8-10 years' insurance finance, technology and change experience, to support the Director of IFRS 17 in ensuring the outcomes of the IFRS 17 program are enabled through the design of the solution.
This role will support the Director of IFRS 17 in the regional office coordinating project activities across PCA Regional Head Office (RHO), the 13 Local Business Units (LBUs) and, when required, engaging Global Head Office (GHO). Job Responsibilities:
- To ensure the Accounting elements of the end to end solution design will enable the required IFRS 17 outcomes and that this can be evidenced
- Responsible for ensuring the required level of standardization / consistency exists across all of the LBU IFRS 17 solutions to enable adherence to IFRS 17 standards across all PCA LBUs. This includes providing appropriate review and approval for all LBU IFRS 17 solution designs
- Responsible for being the Accounting interface with the Technical Workstream which includes ensuring that all Regional technical interpretations of the standard (PTIC papers) have been impact assessed from a solution perspective and appropriately considered through the governance mechanisms
- Responsible for monitoring development of updated templates required in HFM Consolidation and maintaining GL to HFM account mapping structure.
- Liaising with the other regional Solution leads to ensure that changes to the solution design are fully understood to enable their successful implementation
- Support the regional solution design lead in managing the PCA Solution Authority (the governance body for managing the control of the solution design across the LBUs )
- Working closely with the Regional Actuarial Design Lead and Regional Solution Design Lead to evidence what is possible if accountants and actuaries work more closely together
- A strong leader with a proven track record on large scale projects, focussing on project governance, scaling and socializing regionally designed and developed frameworks within a highly complex hierarchy/functional organisation across multiple jurisdictions.
- At least 12-14 years of experience in insurance finance technology and change projects, such as Insurance finance IT delivery, Insurance Finance Change management or life insurance consulting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills - experience working with senior executives is preferred.
- A demonstrable interest in IFRS 17; Solvency II knowledge would be beneficial.
- Comfortable working with uncertainty, highly adaptable.
- Knowledge of relevant existing business processes and insurance finance closing processes is preferred.
- Knowledge of Prophet, Sun GL, SAS, Aptitude, would be an asset but not essential.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English (ability to speak one or more Asian languages desirable)
- Willing to travel (although not extensively)
- Qualified Accountant