Ratings Operation Specialist
Ratings Operations Specialist The Location:
Hong Kong/ Singapore The Team:
The ROS is a regional team of SMEs on the ratings data and ratings assignment process. The team work closely with the analysts to ensure the timely and accurate rating release to the market on a daily basis. Being a regional team there is an expectation to work across multiple departments and locations and to work closely with partners in other offices The Impact:
This role will be responsible for performing operational tasks throughout the rating process. This includes creating, managing and processing ratings related data and supporting analysts' compliance with required processes and procedures with a particular emphasis on ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of the ratings information and its dissemination to the marketplace. What We're Looking For:
A professional who is responsible, dependable and who can work under time pressure. A team player who is proactive and who has a high level of attention to detail. What's in it for you:
This role offers an extensive training program that will provide you with a thorough understanding of the ratings process at S&P Global Ratings. Ongoing there are potential career opportunities for you to further progress your career and there will be development and growth opportunities within the team. Advancement opportunities could be within Data Management & Operations, Analytical, Reporting, Compliance or Market Outreach teams Responsibilities:
- Performs operational tasks such as setting up workflow system jobs, managing interactions with commercial teams, and compiling / quality checking committee papers
- Extracts data from internal and external documentation and accurately enters data and content into required systems, ensuring accuracy and completeness in accordance with pre-defined targets
- Validates ratings information in systems and publications prior to rating release
- Performs tasks in support of the process for ancillary services. These tasks include: ensuring appropriate commercial documentation has been received, initiating and closing workflow jobs, and performing quality checks to ensure compliance
- Supports ongoing records management activities and information gathering for audits / reviews as required
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, fluid environment while performing multiple tasks and ensuring high quality, error free output.
- Must be confident, calm under pressure and possess influencing skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global, and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Excel
- Able to work effectively in a team-oriented, global and multicultural environment
About S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor's Degree holder in Business, Finance, Economics or related subject
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related data processing or operation work experience in the financial services industry
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
262034 Posted On:
Hong Kong, Hong Kong