Rating Analyst/Research Assistant
JobDescription : The Role:
Rating Analyst/Research Assistant The Location:
Hong Kong The Role:
You will be a critical member to the credit ratings team for Greater China. You are responsible for analyzing individual company's financial performance, competitive industry placement and quality of management for analytical purposes. This analysis also includes market sectors and market trends. Analysts provide research to portfolio managers and other investment professionals and/or clients. The Impact:
You will be responsible for the development of spreadsheet statistics and databases and will be actively involved in developing rating committee presentations, portfolio reviews and commentaries. The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a global and multicultural team. Your skills:
Bachelor degree is required. You have in-depth knowledge of market updates in the financial and corporate industry. You have strong analytical and research skills. Our Hiring Manager says:
"I'm looking for the kind of person who is passionate to pursue a career in credit research. You will play a key role within the Analytical team assisting resolving client's needs and assess client's quarterly financial projections and business plan." Responsibilities:
- Collects economic and financial information specific to a commodity market or organization, conducts market sector or statistical analysis and interprets key market data elements into useful business information
- Leverages broad scope of knowledge when performing analysis on data sets
- Performs high level analytic or pricing modeling
- Focuses on theory and concepts, applying quantitative or analytical skills to complete projects/studies/tasks
- Trains and mentors other individuals and teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information to clients
- Conducts research including identifying data, data input, and statistical analysis of results and creates and maintains data and analysis reports
- Prepares presentations and engages directly with clients to present analysis
- Works closely with senior analysts to ensure pricing information is updated and identifies potential areas for improvement in the overall data entry process
About S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor degree in commerce, finance, accounting or related subjects
- Pursuing CPA or CFA designation will be ideal
- 2 - 4 years of research or analytical experience with other financial institutions
- Strong Excel skills and ability to collate and analyze information
- Good organization skill and very high attention to detail
- Good time management and prioritization; manage competing priorities while maintaining high standards; and to work in a team.
- Be able to effectively communicate (oral, written, presentation)
- Candidates with less experience can be considered as Research Assistant
- Written and spoken English and Mandarin required
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.