RISK ORC Anti-Fraud Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employee now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The Anti-Fraud activity is locally under the responsibility of the Risk ORC within Risk based in Hong Kong with key role to promote fraud risk awareness, perform prevention & detection of internal/external fraud attack and conduct investigation across CIB & WM in APAC.
The purpose of the position of Risk ORC Anti-Fraud Officer is to assist Head of Risk ORC Anti-Fraud APAC to achieve on-going commitment to extend the fraud awareness, protection and all reaction initiatives.
The key responsibilities of the APAC Anti-Fraud Officer are:
- Perform day-to-day operations of surveillance of fraud risk in APAC
- Administer Anti-Fraud awareness training program in the region and keep track of training completion
- Handle systematic and ad hoc fraud alert and case escalation timely. Launch investigation, follow-up robust closure and submit report to management of Risk ORC APAC
- Responsible for tracking the status of all internal and external fraud investigation and assessing the efficiency of BNP Paribas remediation projects
- Conduct thematic review on fraud risk topics
- Conduct Anti-Fraud Control Plan review
- Challenge 1 st Line of Defense on fraud identification, process of fraud escalation, risk assessment and mitigations
- Assist to perform ad hoc full investigation
- Assist on projects related to fraud prevention, detection and fraud risk assessments
- Co-ordinated with existing Risk ORC Anti-Fraud global teams to leverage knowledge and resources and align and procedure globally
- Produce regular dashboard to report key fraud issue, major investigation, statistic of fraud occurrence and result of fraud risk controls carried out by Risk ORC Anti-Fraud
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
- Expertise in banking activities front-to-back workflows
- Knowledge of CIB and IFS activities
- Understanding of Risks and P&L analysis
- Strongly self-motivated and result oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to different circumstances/requirements
- IT savvy with strong fluency in data management tools
- Strong analytic skill to articulate complex scenario into a conclusion
- Innovative to combat continuously changed fraud techniques
- Minimum Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a risk management or control function
- Proven track record in previous working experience