REGULATORY PROGRAM / PROJECT MANAGER
Société Générale Group is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Société Générale is serving 31 million customers in 67 countries on a worldwide basis. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. Our objective: to be the leading relationship-focused bank, a reference in its markets, close to its clients and chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Société Générale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialized financial services.
The opportunity we are proposing is to join the Asia-Pacific Regulatory Projects and Transformation team.
The Asia-Pacific Regulatory Project and Transformation team ("REG") has a local presence in Hong-Kong, Beijing, Tokyo and Bangalore. Our primary focus is to manage regulatory project impacting mainly post-trade activities of the Asia-Pacific Business Unit.
Project management, Process Review, Change Management, PMO, Design Thinking and Business Analysis are just some of the expertise offers we wish to develop in the Hong-Kong regulatory project team. PURPOSE OF ROLE
The candidate will manage projects within the regulatory reporting transformation program. She/he will work in close relation with Singapore/Hong-Kong/PRC/Paris/London/India/APAC teams
Hong Kong-based Project Manager to work on regulatory reporting transformation program. Coordinating between different teams for distinct systems; liaising closely with business users, legal, compliance, risk, operation and technology teams and managing delivery from inception to completion and be part of a global governance.
The candidate must have experience in managing medium/large scale regulatory projects with practical knowledge of defining business cases, resource planning, requirement gathering, implementation and milestone tracking, test planning and other project management skill sets.
The successful candidate will can perform detailed business analysis/scoping (either on their own or through a team of analysts) to understand and resolve current issues and develop/define the future state vision. This will require the individual to influence at senior levels, while also being skilled at extracting requirements from subject matter experts (Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Sales, Trading, COO, IT).
Hands-on approach with strong technical/regulatory background. Experience working closely with business, IT and operation teams is paramount. Exceptional communication skills and strong influencing skills: the ability to drive through change. Mission THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Profile EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Build and maintain the regulatory reporting remediation roadmap
- Manage regulatory reporting roadmap as a program but also lead specific project initiative by him/herself
- Gather requirements from a wide-array of stakeholders (FO, Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, etc);
- Participate to industry working group (ISDA, ASIFMA…)
- Contribute to the design and/or enhancement of business processes;
- Conduct a gap analysis and impact analysis;
- Drive the design of business solutions and/or contribute to the development of requirements;
- Write Business Requirements Documents and test cases;
- Syndicate and validate solutions proposals with a wide-array of stakeholders (Legal, Compliance, Operations, IT, etc);
- Follow-up on development plans and implementation, participate in solving issues and escalate issues and blocking points;
- Perform UATs and organize/conduct UAT sessions with stakeholders;
- Be able to manage the project reporting throughout project governance and project newsletter
- Enhance and maintain transversal artifacts created as part of the documentation base for the Program
- Develop and extend knowledge of the regulatory rules and associated solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience mainly in project management and transformation
- Experience in consulting firm is a plus (big 4 consulting firm is a big plus)
- Double Experience in Financial services / Consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in transactional regulatory reporting / IS transformation projects
- Strong delivery record - to challenging time-scales
- Proven ability to lead team and leverage this for maximum efficiency
- Project skills and methodologies with one high or close to high level of expertise (PMP, PMO, L6S, Design thinking, Agile approach)
- Good knowledge on process approaches (L6S and Lean Management)
- Understanding of Software Development lifecycles / Agile methodologies
- Experience supervising project teams
- Knowledge of/experience in the financial industry (CIB / Corporate banking)
- Knowledge of/experience with APAC regulatory landscape (Singapore/Hong Kong/PRC/Japan…)
- Knowledge of on transactional regulatory Reporting project and production
- Knowledge of in operational risk management and control framework
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Use of Microsoft Office tools with ease, including Visio
- Capacity to organize, to follow and to prioritize actions through the full project lifecycle from study to execution
- Ability to manage a project in large programs with a great deal of interdependencies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to convey results of analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Assure all issues and concerns are managed properly and in a timely fashion
- Demonstrated ability to independently lead his project
- Required/Must have: Fluent in English
- Nice to have: Cantonese, Mandarin and French are plus
- Degree in Business, Finance, Information Systems, Technology or other related field
- Significant transformation project experience in top tier CIB
- Banking/Investment/Financial services experience
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a "can-do" attitude and passion for delivery of high quality solutions
- Strong client/business focus
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and associated pressures, to manage work independently and to be flexible within continually changing priorities.