RAD Lead - Equity Derivatives Tech
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 20 Apr 19
RAD Lead - Equity Derivatives Tech
About J.P. MorganChase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers andsmall businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing andasset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorganChase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many ofthe world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clientsunder its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan isavailable at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan'sCorporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate& Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investorservices. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutionsentrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank providesstrategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in marketsaround the world.
Whenyou work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a globalfinancial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggesttech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technologyinitiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations inelectronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development.Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to createinnovative solutions that will not only transform the financial servicesindustry, but also change the world.
The Equities RAD team developapplications for the Equities trading and sales desks mainly. This ranges fromapplications covering a wide scope of areas such as marking tools, but alsotrade management, risk and position management, pricing as well as variousother analytics.
We're looking for a new team leadin Hong Kong who will partner very closely with the trading desk(s), othertechnology teams and Quantitative Research (QR) to develop the next generationof solutions which are critical to thebusiness, this using an agile methodology.
The role offers the following interestingopportunities:
- Partnership with Front Office while developing new solutions and enhance existing applications across derivatives product stack
- Taking part in a new strategy to automate Front Office processes and functions using technology solutions
- An agile and delivery focused team working with global and local counterparts leveraging best in class technologies to solve business problems
- Close collaboration with a number of teams including Trading, Sales, Quantitative Research, as well as other technology teams
- Various business transformation projects across marking, pricing, and analytics
- Opportunity to propose and explore new solutions that can give the firm an edge against competition
- Previous experience in equities trading desk environment, strong business knowledge of equities derivatives products
- Previous experience managing a team of 8-10 people
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
- Strong programming skills in Java or Python.
- Knowledge of at least one relational database such as Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Understanding of how to effectively utilize unit testing
- Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation
- Ability to work effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) while influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform
- Great problem solving skills for problems with a mathematical/technological background
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Strong communication skills especially when describing problems and explaining solutions
- Strong stakeholders management skills
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Good Unix or Linux knowledge
- Experience as scrum master
- Experience with service oriented platforms, and a good understanding of current generation open source frameworks
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.