About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Software development to generate revenue for the bank
- Understand front office concerns in order to bridge the gap between the front office and back office
- Risk modelling to quantify the various kinds of risks faced by the Bank
- Deliver robust, high performance software and quantitative analyses
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work closely with FM traders and structuring teams, analysing trades and asset origination opportunities for execution and ongoing measurement and management
- Maintain and develop cutting edge trading, pricing and multi assets risk management platforms
- Work on projects ranging from client-facing GUIs, server-side request handlers or reporting tools, and devops
- Use of Haskell and our in-house variant, Mu
- Haskell programming experience .
- Solid computer science knowledge (algorithms, data structures, complexity, concurrency / parallelism)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.